PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Bedini SG:Battery Characteristics
- CAUTIONS - Dangers associated with this project are mainly with the batteries, but also with wheel rotation and soldering. Be sure you understand the risks and that you take necessary precautions.
- Lithium Cell Warning! - There is a high risk of leakage, fire or explosion if you overcharge a Li-Ion cell or it shorts due to internal circuitry failing or carelessness.
Recommended by Bedini
- The "Battery Bible" -- DOWNLOAD (PDF 9.8 Mb)
Battery Reference Works
- New Technology Batteries Guide
- Battery Handling and Maintenance - Brief primer on battery dangers and extending battery life by New Technology Batteries Guide.
- Lead Acid Batteries (PDF)
- Short Primer on Lead-Acid Battery Types (PDF)
- Using Lead-Acid Batteries (PDF)
- Vonwentzel-battery (PDF 0.5Mb)
Comments about the nature of batteries as they pertain to the Bedini circuits in general, but to the "School Girl" (simplified) in particular.
- The Beneficial Behavior of Batteries in the Bedini Circuit - Peter Lindemann comments on what he has observed first-hand through experimental procedure.
- John Bedini on Radiant Energy and Data Collection - Discusses his methods of collecting and analyzing data relevant to his various circuit designs. Mentions battery analyzer, wave forms; discusses Tesla's radiant energy and back EMF.
- Amp Readings from Ammeter not reliable for SG - The SG input battery is providing a pulsed input (non-sinusoidal) to the coil as the transistor switches it on & off, so the reading you get from your meter is most likely not accurate. (Jim, Dec 28, 2004)
- Batteries, desulfation, impedance measurement - tools and resources links.
- Peukert Effect - Basically states that there is an exponential relationship between current draw and battery capacity: the more current drawn from the battery, the less capacity it has to power that load. The effect is a little more amplified in lead acid batteries over NiCd and NMH batteries. (Jim, Dec 28, 2004)
- Most Ah Ratings are incorrect - How to calculate more accurately to know your battery's true capacity and extend its life.
- Hard to Measure Battery Performance - comment by Dennis Turner
- Make sure there is water in your cells if your batteries use water - comment by Rick Friedrich, Nov. 13.
- Normal Battery Behavior Can be Mistaken for "Over Unity" - Virgin 12-volt lead-acid batteries increase in voltage under load (e.g. bulb) for a while after an initial rapid drop, before they gradually drop in voltage.
HomePower Magazine Info on Batteries
-- from RS
- Batteries.com - 10% off entire selection with coupon code: SS10 at checkout