PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Disturbed Self-Compensating Symmetry
By TeraWatt Research LLC
DSS = Disturbed Self-Compensating Symmetry
The basic premise of the technology is that nature seeks symmetry and balance. The symmetry has inner stability. A temporary imbalance imposed wants to return to balance. This force can be harnessed for output energy. A series of torsion springs is used to create this im/balance. It is a "symmetric arrangement whose inner stability has the ability to extract energy in the compensation process."
In a phone interview, the inventor said that the recent prototype testing has demonstrated slightly more energy came out than was put into the system. The present prototype is very durable. The next prototyping will be with the objective of refining the design for greater output. A high speed of operation is expected to produce these results.
He envisions that once refined, this free energy technology could compete with the best solar technologies.
- "The Universe is a disturbed symmetry -- more out than in." -- J.S.
In July of 2008, the company announced independent test results from TUV and UL that showed overunity, which they plan to integrate into commercial products. These test results were obtain from a magnetic drive engages a magnetic speed and torque enhancement device.
The company owning Tera Watt (.com) and Planet Energy (.com) (mirror sites) have requested the removal of links to their websites, which are very well presented, with lots of technical information. They wish to limit access to a few who are collaborating in research. Archive
One of their sites comes up around the ninth position at Yahoo under a search for the term: new energy source.
Awarded and pending; do not claim over unity (e.g. harnessing some external free energy source).
US 6,858,958 B2
US 6,858,958 B2 (PDF); "Method and device for transmitting force magnetically"; February 22, 2005.
- The present invention relates to a method and a device for transmitting force, in particular an impetus, by magnetic interaction. Thereby, a plurality of supports are fitted with one or more magnets and rotatably supported by bearing means. Each support is connected to one or more freewheel means, i.e. freewheeling bearings, so that each support can be put into rotation or motion, about an axis of rotation or along a straight or curved path in only one direction. Also, each support is fitted with one or more individual magnets in a predetermined arrangement. A plurality of such supports are arranged at a distance relative to one another in such a way that an impetus transmitted to a first support is transmitted by this first support to an adjacent second support by magnetic interaction, is transmitted by said second support to the third support adjacent said second support, and so on. It is of importance that the freewheel means make it impossible for a support which has been set in motion to go into reverse and this causes virtually the whole of the impetus to be transmitted to whichever is the next support at the time. Hence a starting impetus, having once been transmitted to the magnetic impetus-transmitting device from an external source of impetus, can be transmitted for long distances with virtually no losses in a similar way to a wave. If the distance is a closed loop, e.g. a circle, the impetus can be maintained for quite long periods. [emphasis added]
WO 2005 001311 A1(PDF); "Method and Device for the Mechanical or Magnetic Transmission of Force"; 2005-01-06
- Abstract of WO2005001311
- The invention relates to a method and a device for transmitting force by means of spring interaction and/or magnetic interaction. According to the invention, a plurality of supports are provided for receiving or positioning one or several springs, shock absorbers, or similar, each support being disposed on bearing means. Each support is connected to one or several freewheeling means, e.g. freewheel bearings, such that each support is rotatably or movably guided in a single direction about an axis of rotation or along a straight or curved axis of translation. Furthermore, each support is fitted with one or several individual springs, shock absorbers, or similar in a predefined arrangement. A plurality of such supports are positioned at a distance from each other in such a way that a momentum transmitted to a first support is transmitted by said first support to an adjacent second support by means of spring interaction, is transmitted by said second support to the third support that adjoins the second support, etc. An essential characteristic of the invention lies in the fact that virtually the entire momentum is transmitted to the next closest respective support as a support that has been set in motion is prevented by the freewheeling means from traveling in the reverse direction such that an initial momentum that is transmitted once from an external source of momentum to the magnetic force-transmitting device can be transmitted practically free of loss across long distances similar to a wave. The momentum can be maintained for an extended period of time at low frictional resistance if the path of travel is closed, e.g. in a circle.
The company's "news" page includes the following milestones:
- August 27, 2006 - "Tests prove concept to "generate energy" (350 pounds uplift with 4 x 90 deg strokes of 50 pounds torque). Watch Flash Movies MSC Nastran Simulation (dynamic self propelling Acceleration)."
- July 27, 2006 - First Tests on CP1
- June 26, 2006 - Assembling CP1 showing DSS Concept
- March 19, 2006 - Beginning of Prototyping CP1 to show DSS Concept and DSS Energy Balance
- March 1, 2006 - Finished Production of custom made DSS Torsion Springs
- October 3, 2005 - Construction start for CP1 after successful simulations.
- August 30, 2005 - European Patent granted
- February 22, 2005 - US Patent granted
On Dec. 8, 2008, New Energy Congress member, Sterling D. Allan wrote:
TUV Rheinland of North America and UL testing show the same curve of Input Power versus Output Power, with several places where the output rises to as much as three times the input. We do not have permission to post a link to either of these charts, but we have seen them both. The TUV results are posted on the Planet Energy dot com site, dated 07/10/2008, with "file no.: 30881449.003, project no.: 3070701."
The following are some notable spikes in the TUV and UL curves:
- From 1 Hz to 1.9 Hz, the output increases from about 3x OU (~7 Watts in; ~20 W out) to nearly 10x OU (~10 W in; ~60 W out), then comes down to parity at 2.3 Hz.
- From 2.3 Hz to 9.2 Hz, it runs slightly under parity.
- From 9.3 to 9.7 Hz, it spikes up to 3x OU (~70 W in; ~315 W out), then drops back down to parity at 11 Hz.
- From 11 Hz to 17 Hz, it runs slightly under parity.
- From 17 Hz to 18.9 Hz, it spikes up to 3x (~200 W in; ~630 W out)
In doing a Google search on the file and project numbers above, several key pages are returned. One includes several photos (click on them for enlargements) of the Torque and Speed Enhancement apparatus set-up, describing where the amplification that is taking place. The company notes that they plan to turn this research into a commercial product that could provide clean base load power for commercial, industrial, and private sectors. They expect that a unit of 40" x 30" x 30" inches will produce around 30 kW at 3000 rpm
On December 8, 2008, New Energy Congress member, Robert Indech, PhD PE, PhD PE commented:
It is easy to measure the input power to this motor driven magnetically coupled linkage. I have no doubts on the figures given for input wattage. I do have significant doubts on the method used to determine output. Consider that a torque sensor, if properly applied, measures rotational force. But energy is force operating over a distance. Power is energy acting over a time. One simply cannot set the mechanism at a particular speed, measure the input and output torque, and conclude that the device is producing more output energy than input energy.
The proper way to measure overall device efficiency, in a rotating mechanical device of this nature (even though there is magnetic "enhancement") is to apply electricity to the motor for some time, measure this input electrical wattage, and integrate this value over the time power was applied to determine the total input power, in watt-hours. Then decouple the magnetic driver from the larger magnetic wheel and associated mechanism, and connect this to a braking dynamometer. The resultant heat that the dynamometer produces when bringing the rotation to zero will be the total output power of the device.
Please show me where these direct measurements are done on this system and where the total output power divided by the total input power exceeds one. Then you will have an over unity device.
On December 8, 2008, New Energy Congress member, Francis Giroux, commented:
Why not just put the brake dynamometer at the end of the shaft after the magnetic enhancement mechanism?
Or better yet, let the shaft after the magnetic enhancement mechanism run the generator that feeds the electric motor.
About Planet Energy
The inventor has been working on this problem off and on for twelve years. Funding has been from private sources. A consortium is being built, including persons in the U.S. and Europe.
TeraWatt/PlanetEnergy does “not edit, censor or otherwise control any content provided by other websites". Accordingly, the content on PESWiki is not endorsed by TeraWatt/PlanetEnergy.
(This goes without saying, as this is the case with all pages at PESWiki; but is stated here in particular in deference to the terms of TeraWatt (.com) and PlanetEnergy (.com) sites.) [www.terawatt.com/terms_cond1.htm]
- Aug. 31, 2006 interview by Sterling D. Allan with the inventor (who requests not to be named).
- Company websites
In the News
- Featured / Best Exotic FE: Trends >
Gerald Celente looks to 2011 free energy breakthroughs as the beginning of a new revolution - World-revered trends research expert says: "We're going to see ... an energy revolution. ...We're going to be releasing more information in Trends Journal about breakthroughs in new energy that could shift the whole game. It may be as big as the discovery of fire or the invention of the wheel". They will cite PESWiki as a recommended resource. (PESN; January 8, 2011)
- Feature: Magnet Motors > Terawatt Research, LLC >
Terawatt Research LLC defies free energy stereotypes - This overunity magnet motor company is opposite the typical free energy image. They are low on fluff, have never been in the mainstream press; and they are and high on evidence, including test results from TÜV and UL. One of their strategic advisors (not suppressors) served as former director of the CIA and of the FBI. (PESN; July 14, 2010) (Comment)
Note: The company wishes to be free from distractions pulling them away from their research and development endeavors.
11750 W. Sunset Blvd. Suite 407 Los Angeles, CA 90049
more info on website
See Discussion page
MAGNET MOTORS FOOTER
- Directory:Magnet Motors
- News:Magnet Motors
- Directory:All-Magnet Motors:Theory
- PowerPedia:Magnetic motor - encyclopedic entry
- Directory:Linear Magnet Accelerators
LEADING (including legendary status)
- Directory:Muammer Yildiz Magnet Motor
- Directory:Michael MacInnes' Magnet Motor
- Directory:Perendev Power Developments Pty (Ltd)
- Directory:Torian Magnet Motor
- Directory:Magnetic Motors:Howard Johnson
- Directory:Steorn Free Energy
- Directory:Shinyeon_Energy Research Center
- Directory:Disturbed Self-Compensating Symmetry (Terawatt Research)
- Directory: Mechanical Opener for V-Gate Magnet Motor