PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Inventor of the Gray motor, which was the first market-ready prototype replication of Nikola Tesla's radiant energy phenomenon. Never made it to market for reasons that his nephew described as "paranoia, secrecy, and greed". (ref) He took his invention with him to the grave -- or did he? (ref.)
- Electromagnetic > 2012 Bedini Conference > EV Gray >
Real History of the Ed Gray Motor - E.V. Gray's motor is one of the most sought-after technologies in the history of exotic energy science. In this lecture, Mark McKay shares the result of years of research, travel, interviews with family, business partners, investors, and employees; to learn the astonishing path Gray traveled to develop, prove, and eventually lose control of this technology. (eMediaPress; October 5, 2012)
- Real History of the Ed Gray Motor, Part 2 - Mark McKay's second installment of accurate, historical information regarding the Ed Gray technology... He had found some old audio tapes in his attic... (Free Energy Blog; August 19, 2014)
- Evolution of the E.V. Gray Circuit Topology - Mark McKay, with Peter Lindemann and John Bedini, provides historic and scientific overview of three major classes of Gray motors, which purportedly tapped radiant energy effectively. (Pure Energy Systems; Sept. 18)
- Five Factors That Make the Gray System Work - 1) The 'Radiant Event' which is developed ... 2) increase in 'free electrons' due to avalanche ... 3) current in the circuit is recycled ... 4) high voltage power pulse delivered to the electromagnet load ... 5) collapsing EMF of the electromagnets is utilized to recharge ... (Submitted by Gary Magratten)
In the News
- Featured / Classifieds: Electromagnetic > EV Gray > Francoeur >
Original EV Gray Motor
Availablefor Right Lab - Alan Francoeur of BC, Canada, has been doing research and development in electromagnetic overunity systems for maybe a couple of decades. He has three of the original Edwin V Gray motors, and recently acquired one of the original controllers, which he thinks may be where the secret is found. He's willing to sell oneof his motors to help finance his reverse engineering project. (PESWiki; January 30, 2013)
- Feature: Electromagnetic / Radiant Energy > EV Gray >
EV Gray 'second generation' motor found - While there is an understandable exciting about a video showing photos of a EV Gray motor that has surfaced after two decades, an expert in the field says that this was part of the 'second generation' set that did not achieve overunity or harvest free energy. (PESN; Oct. 11, 2010)
- Gray's magic motor technology did not die with his passing - Four family members have stepped forward to talk about their late father's technology and its present status. If the right offer is presented, they say they might be able to bring the technology forward, functioning. (PESN; Feb. 6, 2006)
- Late EV Gray's Nephew Wants to Resurrect Famed Free Energy Motor - The Gray motor was the first market-ready prototype replication of Nikola Tesla's radiant energy phenomenon. It never made it to market for reasons that his nephew described as paranoia, secrecy, and greed. He took his invention with him to the grave -- or did he? (PESN; Aug. 19, 2005)
- Alan Francoeur's Report - Harassed at the Canadian border, respected at the conference, back and ready to dive into refurbishment of his Ed Gray motor #4 for home power. (PES; Aug. 4, 2004)
- Ed Gray Impulse Coil - Sketch and description by Alan L. Francoeur
- (Simplified) Bedini School-Girl Circuit and Motor - Most basic radiant energy device? Plans presented for the first time. Tire rim, magnets, batteries, two diodes, transistor, resistor, coil. That's it. (PESWiki; Sept. 29, 2004)
- Ed Gray Motor Variant Open Source Project by Gary Magratten
- Ed Gray Pulsed Motor Prototype 2 - Plans in process of being uploaded. (Pure Energy Systems)
- Ed Gray Pulsed Motor and Power Supply Circuit Variant Prototype - Photos posted of June 2002 first working prototype, that uses permanent magnets as a variation of the Gray patent. (Pure Energy Systems)
- Ed Gray Variant Prelim Data Report - "The motor consumes 42 watts. The alternator is designed to produce 750 watts at 500 RPMs." Final engineering report due after independent tests have been run. (Aug. 18, 2004)
- EV Gray Circuit and Motor are Really Two Separate Projects - Gary Magratten distinguishes between the two, suggests focusing on one at a time. (Aug. 13, 2004)
- [GMC Holdings Corp]
- Alexander motor generator - New photos evoke questions about what we thought we knew about Ed Gray technology. (ZPEnergy; Nov. 27, 2004)
- Pollution-Free Energy Generator - Selling plans for Ed Gray variant
Individual Replication Attempts
- "I spoke to you last year regarding the EV Gray circuit. I have put together various configurations, including as close as possible to the patent, but the results are not encouraging, though it has been a very interesting exercise and I will continue with this work and other." (Sept. 27, 2005)
Aaron M. from Energetic Forum
- Gray's triode diagram in his patents are wrong but Bedini's diode on the LV side is correct.
First is how I made a simple tube (my third one).
The below diagram is what I intend to build. I find it incredible people try to replicate the tube concept by going overboard with the motor engineering. Simply making a pendulum swing from the grid output is all that is needed. I'm going to use a rotor with some magnets and a switch on the axle that triggers the connection at the LV side to allow the HV potential to jump. If timing is anything other than TDC of the magnet then it will be unidirectional. If it works by switching at TDC, then the wheel will run in one direction. I think if everyone just keeps this simple like I show in the diagram that people can make it work! I have ALREADY pulsed a magnet a few inches from low power input. I ALREADY have proven the concept to myself. Everyone should focus on radiantly charging the HV cap and NOT regular current charging. It DOES make a difference. Use a kicker coil or whatever...I'm moving towards output from ignitions coils that give nice radiant output with the right circuits. Check Imhotep's Radiant Oscillator threads at my forum for details.
Here is the real effect, what it looks like and how to get it:
Video Explanation of How The Gray Tube Works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y0921zaPxQ
My explanation appears to be the only thing that is finally consistent with the patents.
Theories aside, it doesn't matter if there is electron cascade, RF or anything else.
What matters at this point is the mechanics of the step-by-step function of what is happening and I believe I have shown it accurately.
Just about everyone, including myself, seems to have believed C1 is discharged into the tube and this causes an outward event that is captured by the grids and that powers the load. This is evidently NOT the case. It is the inverse. John showed electron movement from rods to grids so he knew all along exactly how it worked or what can be taken from his drawings at least that it was C2 that was powering the load.
As it was mentioned, the patent does say that but nobody is doing what the patent says. The "choices" that seem to be of debate were primarily with the diode placement. Was Gray wrong and Bedini right? Bedini has it right and I still have reason to believe this.
The grids are the standing potential of C2 until LV rod is switched. That standing HV electrostatic potential may or may not be polarizing the ambient air in the tube, special gas, etc... All speculation on gases, vacuum, etc... are evidently not required for the effect although it may be necessary to increase the strength of the effect. None of that is known at this time I don't believe. The Grids are the extension of C2 as an extension to the dipole. The potential is already there and doesn't have to get there.
I pointed out in the past but it went unnoticed that even on John's SG's, the positive potential of the battery is ALREADY sitting in the coil. Then when switched on the negative, which it is, it is the negative potential that slams into the coil without resistance...the positive potential doesn't have to encounter resistance entering the coil because it is again, ALREADY sitting there as an extension of the dipole (battery).
The Grids are an extension of C2 and the + potential is ALREADY sitting in the inductive load. It doesn't have to move into it and meet resistance. When LV rod is switched on, some serious negative potential (not necessarily electrons at all - anti-photon potential) moves with negative resistance TO the grids, into the load and into the cap.
I can see now why at higher voltages and higher speeds that inductive load could get covered with ice.
If everyone can see it, the analogy to lightening and how the tube works are not a joke.
Anyway, C1 gets charged as I show...directly from the power supply, over HV rod directly over gap to the GRIDS, through inductor and to C2...that is exactly how C2 is charged.
The C2-cap/Load-inductor, I suppose can be tuned for resonance at whatever frequency the power supply is operating at for maximum efficiency in charging that capacitor. The wire on the Gray motor appears to be pretty large diameter.
Then while C2 is charged up -- the commutator or whatever turns on the switch at the LV ROD gives a low potential path to ground for C2 to discharge to.
If grids are only covering the HV rod, then C2 can't jump directly to LV rod, it must jump to HV rod first forcing a collision into HV + potential of C1, THEN, it jumps to LV rod back to ground.
It is of course very apparent that the power supply + potential is also at the HV rod in addition to whatever charge is in C1...so C2 is colliding with that as well (if and only if the power supply happens to be on a ON cycle at that time).
My grids are almost 1 cm from the rods so they obviously need to be closer if C2 is going to be able to discharge during the OFF cycle of the power supply.
But if the power supply is operating at 6khz for example, then there will almost be a continuous spark from HV rod to Grids for practical purposes and therefore will act as a conductive pathway for C2 to discharge over towards the Grids. If this is the case, then a wider gap beyond the breakdown gap for C2 can be there.
My C2 was discharging as low as about 700 volts over a gap of almost 1 cm from Grids to HV rod and was able to do so only when it met with a HV spark from HV rod to Grid from the power supply.
I believe that it makes the most sense to have the grids only over HV rod and not the whole setup for these reasons of forcing the collision with the HV potential of C1.
I also think that the spacing between HV rod and Grids should be close enough so that the potential in C2 could discharge when LV Rod is switched on all by itself without having to have the power supply on. With keeping the ROD gap the same, there could be a comparison between C2 discharging by itself with close gap or using HV spark form HV rod and compare coil-popping strength...that is the only sure way to know what is best.
The spacing between the HV rod and LV rod should be worked out by having the gap wider and closer and seeing what makes a stronger pop at the coil...that is the only way to know.
So, after all, it is about discharging from the Grids (C2) into the tube and not the other way around.
PDF of this explanation: http://www.esmhome.org/library/edwin_gray/howthegraytubeworks.pdf
COIL POPPING DEMO, MAGNET POPPING, PENDULUM DEMO
Few vids posted on youtube Early July 2009
While this is at least not yet a replication attempt, it suddenly struck me how Gray's system must work while writing an article about what was supposed to explain the "The Electret Effect". It all makes sense if the tube drives a coil into resonance at the open terminal, because at that terminal you have high voltage and zero current. See the article for further details: []. Update: At this thread on EnergeticForum.com it is explained how this stuff really works and why: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/6270-ultimate-secret-free-energy-split-postive-negative.html
See also: Article:Free Electric Energy in Theory and Practice - by Arend Lammertink
- Edwin Vincent Gray, Sr. -- 'Sparky' (1925 - 1989) (Pure Energy Systems)
- Various demonstrations of systems shown, with possibilities for the technology discussed.
- Poor Quality Video, Sound cuts out.
EV Gray Motor and Cold Energy
(9:52 minutes) Contains news report from January 31st 1986 - 3 years prior to death in 1989.
- EV GRAY Motor and Cold Energy lost Video Demo (YouTube; February 12, 2008)
EV Gray Demonstration Pulse Motor
- EV GRAY Demonstration Pulse Motor (YouTube; February 13, 2008)
EV Gray Demonstration AC Pulsing Cart
- EV GRAY Demonstration AC Pulsing Cart "Cold Energy" (YouTube; February 13, 2008)
Photo of one Motor which appears several times throughout videos.
- 4,661,747 - April 28, 1987, Efficient Electrical Conversion Switching Tube Suitable For Inductive Load
In the News
- Featured: News > SmartScarecrow > Free Energy Week >
Sterling's Weekly Free Energy Review on SmartScarecrow Show: May 31, 2012 - LENR-to-Market Weekly • We don't have to hit the wall. Free Energy solutions abound. • Top 5 solid state; New Germany launching • 'Free Energy' doesn't mean free devices • Zydro Visit • EV Gray Jr. speaks (FreeEnergyNews)
- Rex Research - Edwin V. Gray: Electromagnetic Association Motor
- Ed Gray impulse coil information by Alan Francoeur
- Rediscovery of the EVGRAY Electric Motor - 02/23/00 - Circumstances of April 1993 death in Riverside, CA, info about motor. Alleges that coroner's report and occupancy records were missing from government files. (Keelynet)
- The Encyclopedia of Free Energy on CD -includes the Edwin Gray Power tube generator, a promising reproduction.
See Discussion page
- Inventors index at FreeEnergyNews.com
- PESWiki Googlevideo/Youtube for Norman Wootan video on Googlevideo, explaining EV Gray materials. (The video appears to have been removed from Google Video)
- Directory:Best Exotic Clean Energy Technologies
- News:Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies
- Template:Tesla footer
- Directory:Galactic Sea of Energy
- Directory:Grand Unified Theories | Directory:Aether Physics Model
- Directory:Electric Universe
- Directory:Fractal Antennas as an Energy Source
- Directory:Electromagnetic (overunity)
- Directory:Motor-Generator Self-Looped with Usable Energy Left Over
- Directory:Magnet Motors | News:Magnet Motors
- Directory:Linear Magnet Accelerators
- Directory:Pyramid Power
- Directory:Quantum Particles
- Directory:Solid State
- Directory:Solid State Generators | PowerPedia:Solid State Generator
- Directory:Toroidal Power
- Directory:Power from Ambient Electromagnetic Radiation
- Directory:Gravity Motors