Household Water Heaters
- Piezoelectric / Nanotech / Biomimicry / Water Heating >
Vein-Like Piezoelectric Shower Harvests Water Pressure to Heat Water - This concept for a self-heating piezoelectric shower combines inspiration from the human body’s circulatory system with technological innovations in piezoelectricity. The fluid web of piping heats water by utilizing energy from friction produced by flowing water through the piezoelectric nano channels, which produces electricity by which heat is applied to the water. (Inhabitat; Apr. 29, 2010)
- Ecowatts Thermal Energy Cell - The Ecowatts Thermal Energy Cell (TEC) is an electrolysis based energy cell that converts electrical power into heat at an efficiency significantly greater than that of a conventional immersion heater.
- Inventure - patented drainpipe heat exchanger technology - Drainergy and WaterWatts recover heat from used hot water on-the-fly, and use it to pre-heat the cold water for the water heater. No moving parts, no maintenance, no roof holes.
- Edwards Hot Water Heat Pump - is like a solar water heater without collector panels. It operates like a refrigerator only in reverse; transferring the heat in the surrounding air to the stored water. It is extremely energy efficient - using approximately one third the energy of a conventional electric water heater.
- New Solar Water Heater - The Willis SolaSyphon is a plug-in solar system which can be installed in homes without the need to rip out existing oil or natural gas systems, to reduce home water heating bills by up to 50%. It starts producing usable hot water within minutes even in marginal or intermittent conditions. (News Letter; Sep. 14, 2007)
- Howard Harris Builders - H. H2O® thermo-conductive water heaters heat only the water you use, to save hundreds of dollars per year. Cold water enters a coiled water line, passing through a plastic tank of pre-heated water and exits as hot water. The tank is not under pressure and there is no sediment build-up.
- Solahart - The Solahart Synergy is like a solar water heater without the collector panels. Instead, it uses amazingly efficient heat pump technology to extract the heat from the surrounding air. Ambient air is used to warm the refrigerant, which converts into a gas and is then compressed which generates heat and the heat is transferred to the water. Once the heat has been extracted the refrigerant is expanded back to a liquid and the cycle repeats.
- Waterfilm Energy - GFX Heat-Xchanger & Water Heater Booster saves energy using drainwater heat recovery (DHR) to pre-heat cold water before it enters the water heater. Not only does it save 30%-50% of a home’s total water heating energy consumption, it also effectively triples the heating capacity of the water heater.
- Faraday Lab FISONIC Heat Generator - Hot water boiling for home and industrial buildings. 5 times more efficient than usual boiler. Ecologically clean technology. Transformation of electrical energy to heat with COP 200-500%. Mass and size are small in comparison with usual heaters. There are no rotating parts and noise.
- TPTS Development - The Two Phase Thermo-Syphon Water Heater technology can be used to produce gas-fired domestic hot water heaters of long life and very high efficiency. The 80 year old central chimney design has a low average efficiency or "energy factor" of about 55%. With a power burner and condensation provisions, a TPTS design can achieve energy factors between 87% and 94%.
- Hot water from air conditioning - An inventor in Singapore has created a heat recovery system which channels waste heat from air conditioners to heat water. His customers save energy and money while enjoying the cool comforts of air conditioning. His work originally started in solar panels, but the lack of space in Singapore required a different green solution. (IBNLive; Oct. 30, 2007)
- Directory: Tankless Water Heaters - designed to heat the water as the water flows through.
- Batch heaters are simple to make yourself, and are the cheapest domestic water heaters. Don't expect to many features or efficiency dough.
- The copper Cricket system by Sage Advance Corporation is another plug-in system which works with all regular heaters (gas, electric, ...). It uses no pumps or electricity dough and is thus very cheap/sturdy in the long run.
- Heat Recovery Water Heaters - HotSpot Energy LLC manufactures refrigerant heat recovery systems that recover waste heat from air conditioners, large coolers and freezers, and heat pumps, and recycle the recovered heat to make free hot water.
- Thermomax - Evacuated tube solar collectors.
- CopperHeart integral collector storage system or ICS, combines thermal collection and storage in a single unit.
- SolarRoofs has worked for years to develop the ideal lightweight solar water heating system.
- A hot water heater tank jacket can reduce losses by 40% saving as much as $5.00 a month.
- The Sietch DIY Solar hot water panels - panels made for respectively less than 50 and 5$
- Sun Utility Suntube - significantly better efficiency than many other solar energy collectors.
- AllH2 hydrogen water heater - The waste heat from this galvanic hydrogen generator can save you $40.00 a month!
- RenewABILITY Energy - Ninety percent of the energy used to heat water in a home can be washed out to the sewer. Drain-water heat recovery (DWHR) systems can re-capture some or most of this valuable energy and use it to preheat cold fresh water.
- Solar Water Heating - Do it yourself projects at builditsolar.com
- Quantum Heat Pump Solar Hot Water System - They are simply one of the most efficient and economical water heaters available, and the cheapest solar hot water system to install. You'll save up to $400 a year on energy, compared with a standard electric system. Quantum works 24 hours a day, extracting heat from the ambient air, so you'll always have lots of hot water.
- Nyletherm-110 Heat Pump Water Heater - This heat pump water heater is available for use as a supplemental low cost water heater in a variety of applications including gas water heaters, electric water heaters, solar water heaters and hot tubs/spas.
- Sirac - Heat Pump Water Heater (HPWH) uses the same mechanical principles as refrigerators and air conditioners to generate hot water. They take heat from the surrounding air and transfer it to the water in the tank. HPWH is even 13% more energy saving than electric-boosted solar water heater; HPWH-boosted system can cut operation cost by 75%.
- TIAX - has developed a hybrid heat-pump water heater that reduces electricity consumption by as much as 60 percent, while also addressing the cost, installation requirements, and reliability levels demanded by the U.S. market.
- Siddons Solarstream - An amazing breakthrough in clean, energy efficient hot water the Siddons Heat Pump Water Heater! Saves over 75% of household hot water costs.
- E-CO Shower - Reduces water usage in the shower by 2/3rds by adding air bubbles to the water. This will reduce your heating bill because you don't have to heat the extra water.
- Advanced Conservation Technologies - Now you can have hot water in 15-30 seconds without wasting a single drop and by using only a fraction of a penny's worth of electricity. The Metlund® Hot Water D'MAND® System is designed for use with any hot water heating system to provide energy and water savings. It's easy to install in new or existing homes or businesses.
- Enerworks - Residential Solar Water Heating Appliance
- TCT Solar - The ProgressivTube® system is a "Passive" solar water heater that requires no mechanical or electronic components to operate.
- Wrap Your Hot Water Tank With Bubble Insulation and save on heating costs.
- IDC Develops Eco-friendly Inflatable Solar Panel - Industrial Design Consultancy (IDC) is delighted to announce its latest product development; an inflatable solar collector called SolarStore. The SolarStore harnesses the sun’s natural energy to warm domestic water and can heat up to three full tanks of water per day at temperatures close to 80°C.
- Jinyi solar water heater - JinYi is a professional solar water heater manufacturers, suppliers, solar water heater in one company, main products vacuum tube solar water heaters, solar collectors, solar water heating systems
Hot Tubs and Spas
- What is Hot Stick technology? - The hot stick is a friction heater. The hot stick is an apparatus that basically forces the water molecules to collide with each other to create friction, which in turn creates kinetic energy and heat. It only pulls 11.5 amps, so your electric bill is going to be lower than with your typical spa.
- Hot Stick Technology is a vortex friction heater from Dream Maker Spas by Mercantilla, LLC. The vortex causes the water to rotate in the chamber at a very high rate of speed. This swirling, whirlpool action is creating kinetic energy, friction and heat. The water heats at 1.9 degrees per hour using practically zero electricity to do so.
- Thermowave converts molecular friction of water into heat for your whirlpool bath. Simply mounted on the discharge side of the water pump, the Thermowave will convert the energy of the moving water into "FREE HEAT!"
- Solar Attic - Heat exchanger transfers heat from attic to swimming pool. Heat pools for $15 per month.
- SmartPool - A Sunheater™ solar pool heating system will raise the temperature of your pool water by up to 10° F (6° C). or more.
- SunSolar Liquid Solar Blanket - LiquidHeat floats to the surface of the pool forming a cover which acts as an evaporation inhibitor, reducing water evaporation by up to 50%. Evaporation accounts for 90% of heat loss from a pool.
- GO Solar Company - Solar swimming pool heating is the most affordable, efficient and cost effective means of harnessing and utilizing solar energy.
- Solar Heated Pools - Solar collectors for your pool heating don't have to be an eyesore. Water pipes are buried in a dark colored concrete sidewalk. As the pool pump is running to clean your pool, some of the pool water is diverted through the pipes. The hot sidewalk is cooled as the pool water becomes warmer.
- Flexible Solutions - Heatsavr™ is an effective "liquid pool blanket" that greatly reduces heat loss and evaporation from your exposed pool surface. Heat bill savings range from 15.5% to 40%.
- Techno-Solis - revolutionized the pool heating industry with a solar collector that not only heats more efficiently, but also does not require routine repairs.
- Other Directory listings
- PESWiki home page