PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Home Generation:Solar PV
Directory of some of the best solar photovoltaic systems for home applications. See also Directory:Solar:PhotoVoltaics
- DIY > Solar > PV > Home >
Building my own Solar Panel - A Dutch guy was able to build his own solar panel in his garage using materials that were a third as expensive as the mass produced solar panels currently available on the European market. He bought his solar cells on eBay and used them to create his own panel. His output price is only 1.20 Euro per Watt Peak (Wp). (Olino Renewable Energy; March 19, 2009) (Also Slashdot)
Build Your Own Solar Panel - See how easily you can build your own solar panel, More Info and resources. Learn how to reduce your power bill build high efficiency solar power systems!
- SolarCity installs panels on your house for Free and only charges you for the power you use - "Pay for power, not panels -– just like your utility bill. Solar power can actually cost less than you pay now with low, predictable, locked-in rates." (Free Energy Blog; March 15, 2014)
- SunMath - SunMath builds tools for the solar community. These tools include Toolbox, a solar portfolio manager, a Solar Calculator and PV Comparison.
- PV FIT Solar PV Installers UK - Solar Photovoltaic designers and installers for homeowners, businesses and the public sector.
- EvoEnergy Solar Photovoltaics - Specialist Solar Engineers and Installers for both the B2B and B2C customers.
- Solar Inverter-SolarEdge - Distributed Solar Power Harvesting and module-level PV Monitoring solutions for constraint-free design and maximum energy output at a lower cost.
- Solar Panels for the Home - On grid solar powered Flexikits for home solar power generation.
- Solar Street lights - Greenshine New Energy Co., Ltd. specializes in developing and manufacturing customized street lighting and street lamps for a wide range of lighting applications.
- ESEA Solar Panels - PV solar panel suppliers based in UK installing for both commercial and domestic properties.
- Trina Solar Australia - PV solar panel distributor for home, commercial, and utility scale applications.
- SolarplaneZ - SolarplaneZ is a location based solar panel systems search engine.Search SolarplaneZ index of web pages with information on solar panels systems installed around the world, including images, articles and live monitoring data.
- Emergency Preparedness >
The Solar Stik Portable Power Generator - The Solar Stik™ is a small-scale energy generator that is capable of providing clean, green energy wherever it is needed most. The versatile system takes advantage of both solar and wind turbine technology and is quick to set up, making it perfect for applications ranging from boating and recreation to providing emergency relief and humanitarian aid. (Video) (Inhabitat; Sept. 16, 2008)
- ThetaNoon - ThetaNoon allows solar panel and solar water heaters owners to measure the amount of solar energy they use and the amount of carbon emission they save by using that solar energy.
- Lumeta Makes Peel-and-Stick Solar Panel Installations a Breeze - DRI Solar rooftop installations just got a lot easier: Lumeta, a subsidiary of construction heavyweight DRI, has developed a solar panel sticker -- the Power-Ply 380. The company says its convenient peel-and-stick solar technology allows it to be installed almost twice as fast as regular rack-mounted pane. (YouTube) (Treehugger; May 11, 2008)
- Home Solar Panels - Provides solar home kits and information for designing and updating commercial and residential solar energy applications.
- DrexelSolar - Drexel standing seam metal roof systems combine a structural roofing product with the solar electric capabilities of thin film photovoltaics. The energy savings of a cool metal roof using reflective pigments are combined with the energy generation of a PV laminate to reduce a homeowner’s energy bill.
- Easy Solar Power - Installing solar power is easy, thanks to ECD Ovonics amorphous silicon thin-film photovoltaic (PV) laminates that can be bonded directly onto metal roofing panels. You just unroll the unbreakable peel-and-stick sheet, lay it faceup on a flat metal roofing panel and press it onto the panel while your assistant pulls the protective sheet off the sticky backing. (Mother Earth News; October/November 2006)
- The Mainstreaming Of Roof-Top Solar Power - BP and Old Country Roofing will offer turnkey solar roofing solutions to more than 100 homebuilding companies and homeowners beginning in January 2007. OCR installed more than 12,000 roofs in 2005, and will work with BP Solar's EnergyTile product, a roof-tile design that blends seamlessly into the design of the roof. (TreeHugger; December 22, 2006)
- SolarPower Restoration - an innovative developer of engineered application solutions for Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV), creating sustainable, environmentally friendly and energy efficient buildings without sacrificing comfort, aesthetics or economy.
- NREL.gov > Photovoltaic > for Homeowners
- Solar Power Resources Directory by FreeEnergyNews.com
- California Solar Electric Company. Residential and commercial solar power systems design and installation.
- Thermo PV by JX Crystals - generating heat and electricity from combustion energy
- One Uni-Solar laminates and shingles are a building integrated photovoltaic system designed to serve a dual purpose of roofing and power generation. Also manufactures a 600$ PV system for off-grid purposes <ref>One Uni-Solar creates 600 dollar PV system</ref>
- SunPower - Innovative technology positions the electrical contacts to the back of the cell leaving the entire front surface available to absorb and convert sunlight to power. This design results in a far more effective solar cell, able to deliver up to 50 percent more power than conventional solar cells.
- XsunX Power Glass™ is a building integrated photovoltaic glass that produces electricity from solar power. Also serves as a window or sunroof.
- Solar Ball is a cheap set of solar cells (US$1,100 ex (US$3.33 / W, US$0.067 / kWh (no rebates)).
- Nanosolar, Inc. - The world's most cost-efficient solar panels by making it possible to simply print solar cells that can deliver as much energy and lifetime as conventional silicon cells.
- Kyocera - MyGen Meridian is built directly into the roof of your home with easy installation by any roofing crew. Stylishly designed for optimal energy production, now you can enjoy the energy independence of solar power with pleasing aesthetics.
- BP Solar Although BP Solar Home Solutions® incorporate advanced technology, they are simple, reliable, and easy to install.
- Xantrex - The Xantrex inverter turns the DC electricity generated by solar cells into utility grade AC power for use in your home or business.
- Rolls Battery - Deep-cycle batteries for solar energy storage.
- Solar Depot - Distributor and system integrator of solar electric and solar thermal systems.
- Sunsearch LLC - System integrator of solar electric and solar thermal systems in CT since 1975.
- SPS Energy Solutions - Generate some of your own electricity and reduce your dependence on your utility with the Green Gridtie™ Solar Power System.
- SunWize - Residential Grid-Tie Systems are pre-packaged with solar modules, mounting structure, inverters, cables and electrical components.
- PowerLight - SunTile Residential® Attractive, High-Efficiency Solar Panels Blend Invisibly Into Rooftops and provide up to 35% more power per square foot.
- groSolar - Distributor and installer of state-of-the-art solar energy systems for residential customers.
- Solar Integrated - Building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) thin-film amorphous silicon flexible solar electric roofing panel literally rolls right on. The lightweight panels produce electricity using a wider spectrum of light than traditional crystalline technology, enabling them to produce electricity even when it is cloudy.
- A&R Solar Corp - Designers and installers of residential and light commercial solar electric (PV) and solar thermal (hot water) systems in Seattle, WA and the Puget Sound Region of Washington.
- A E Solar Systems Solar Panels - Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) approved installers of solar panels systems for the home in the UK. Providing advice, consultations and solar pv installations.
- Kayema Solar Geyser Installations - Kayema’s commercial alternative energy solutions are ideally suited to enterprises that require a lot of hot water, such as hotels, office buildings, car washes, restaurants and industrial processes.
Regular solar trackers
- Traxle solar trackers can be installed on any PV-solar panel and increase the efficiency of the panel by upto 30%
- Solenergy - extra info soon
- FEiNA - extra info soon
- HelioTrack - extra info soon
- WattSun Trackers - extra info soon
- SolaTraka - extra info soon
- Inspira - extra info soon
- LAC Solar - extra info soon
- FusionSeeker - extra info soon
- Solon Mover - extra info soon
- WS Energia lwa - extra info soon
- Ecoware - extra info soon
- DegerEnergie - extra info soon
- Zomeworks - extra info soon
- Dobon's Technology - extra info soon
- PowerTracker - extra info soon
- theanalogguy.com - extra info soon
Special solar trackers
- "Track rack"-trackers (inventented by Steve Baers). More information, suppliers coming soon.
- DIY trackers; see Wikipedia-solar tracker
- Solar > PV > Residential >
User-Installed Panel Kit Aims to Slow Meter - Clarion Technologies aims to introduce a product next Spring that plugs into a regular outlet as its means of helping supply the home power needs. As a reasonable 'getting your feet wet' approach, the three-panel system, costing around $800, mounted as an awning or on top of a roof, will produce up to 600 Watts which are fed into the home through a microinverter. (CNet; August 16, 2010)
- Pennsylvania PV-panel installation guide (step-by-step)
- Instructables step-by-step diy PV system construction
- HowtoPedia overview of how to set-up a diy PV-system
- pv magazine - photovoltaic news site - pv magazine - A monthly trade journal for the international photovoltaics (PV) industry.
- U.S. Dept. of Energy > Photovoltaics
- MetalRoof.us/how-to-get-a-free-solar-power-system-for-your-home/ - Consumer Education Article.
- Google > Solar+Photovoltaic+Systems+Home
- The People's Guide to Basic Solar Power
- Book on DIY PV-panel construction
- Resource for Solar Panels Installation and Solar Power Information
- Directory:Solar - index of resources
- News:Solar (current) | 2010 | 2009 | 2006-2008
- PowerPedia:Solar Energy - Encyclopedic review of history and future
- Directory:Solar Energy Research and Development
- Directory:Solar Problems
- Directory:Concentrated Solar Power
- Directory:Solar Infrared Harvesting
- Directory:Solar PhotoVoltaics
- Directory:Home Generation:Solar PV
- Directory:Photovoltaic Research and Development
- Directory:Solar Thermal
- Directory:Home Generation:Solar Heating
- Directory:Thin Film Solar
- Directory:Solar:Photosynthesis Imitation
- Directory:Solar Paint
- Directory:Dye Solar Cells
- Directory:Solar Tower
- Directory:Floating Solar Chimney
- Directory:Space Based Solar Power
- Directory:Solar Sails
- Directory:Solar Windows
- Directory:Plastic Solar Cells
- Directory:Silicon - more efficient uses, alternatives, methods
- Directory:Black Silicon
- Directory:Synchronous Solar Heliostat
- Directory:Solar:Installation and Consultation
- Directory:Solar Applications
- Directory:Solar Hydrogen
- Directory:Walipini Underground Greenhouses
- OS:Solar Ethanol - distiller design
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
- Directory:Solar Pavement - black-body absorption of the asphalt