PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Home Generation:Space Heater
- Featured: Home Generation: > Space Heaters / Hydrogen Injection >
HHO Home Heating Unit - HHOHHU has developed a patent-pending, self-contained, home heating unit that utilizes water as its fuel via electrolysis. They are selling plans for their design that draws ~450 Watts and can heat 1,000 square feet. (PESWiki; Mar. 7, 2009)
- Energy Smart Heating - Energy Cabins are self contained heating systems that combine solar energy with wood pellet technology for total central heating for any building. They are fully automatic in operation and can slash your heating bills by up to 50%. (EcoGeek; Sep. 14, 2007)
- New Biomass Heater: a “New Era” of Efficiency and Sustainability - Millions of homes in rural areas of Far Eastern countries are heated by charcoal burned on small, hibachi-style portable grills. Scientists in Japan are now reporting development of an improved “biomass charcoal combustion heater” that they say could open a new era in sustainable and ultra-high efficiency home heating. (Newswise; Feb. 11, 2009)
- Sidel Systems - Natural gas fired equipment such as boilers, water heaters, dryers, and furnaces exhaust 15-20% of the fuel energy in the flue gas. The SRU Condensing Waste Heat Recovery unit is designed to recover almost all of this heat, normally lost to the atmosphere, with fuel savings of 10-15%.
- Martin Air Systems - Restaurant kitchen exhaust waste heat recovery system is used to heat the restaurant and preheat the hot water. By preheating the air as it comes in, gas consumption will typically decline by 30%-40% and some electrical savings are realized as well.
- Midnight Sun Stove - Combined Heat and Power system that will provide all of the space heat, hot water and electricity for a single family home.
- Mother Earth Waste Oil Heater - How to Build a $500 Oil Burner ... For $36! You CAN heat a shop or garage -- even your home -- this winter with a fuel that's 'free for the hauling'.
- Econoheat produces waste oil fired heaters.
- THERMALATOR® I - Improve the efficiency of your older natural gas furnace by shortening the burn cycle. Shows reductions of 24 to 32% in natural gas burning. Puts most old furnaces into the mid-efficiency range. With most pilot-light type furnaces, the thermostat will turn on the burners for a burn cycle that varies from 9-13 minutes. The furnace heat exchangers will saturate with heat in 2 minutes, then can only absorb about 15% of the heat produced by the burners. 85% of the heat produced after the saturation point goes up the chimney. This repeat cycle timer has a 3 minute on and 3 minute off cycle for the burners. The furnace fan continues to blow during the off cycle. Modern thermostats with adjustable heating cycle length (sometimes called adjustable anticipation) can also do this.
- The Greenwood Furnace Greenwood Furnaces are an 85% efficient clean burning, wood-fired furnace that heats an entire home and all hot water leaving very few particles for smoke, creosote or ash. They tie to an existing or new heating system and save up to 70% on heating bills.
- Thermostats We carry major brands like Honeywell and White-Rodgers. Our educated staff can help you find the exact match to your home system.
- Thermal Engine Corporation - The Heat Wave Stirling-cycle stove fan for wood/pellet stoves is placed directly on top of a hot surface and circulates the warm air using only the heat radiated by the stove as its power source. It increases stove heating efficiency by up to 35% and will run indefinitely while atop a hot surface while not costing a penny to operate.
- The Dell-Point Europa - Greenfire technology pellet stove is smoke free and reliable, saving up to 60% on home heating costs. It burns bioenergy materials like wood pellets, shelled corn and hulled wheat with 86% efficiency, and received the lowest emissions rating by the EPA. See also Corn Burning Stoves at TreeHugger.
- Anvil and Company - Corn specifically processed for heating purposes delivered to your door
- Burn Aluminum Cans in your fireplace. Fill heat-proof container with water, add lye (Draino - sodium hydroxide) and aluminum. Light the hydrogen gas with a match. Try this outdoors first.
- Liberty Hydrogen home generator is in the final stages of development.
- Heat Your Home with Biodiesel - article at Mother Earth News
- AllH2 galvanic hydrogen generator with active air handler - If you already have a natural gas or propane furnace a conversion kit can be installed to run hydrogen. The kit takes about an hour to install.
- The Kandle Heeter™ Candle Holder will add the heat of a candle to your room and the ambience of a miniature "fireplace".
- The Natural Home - Earthtubing utilizes conventional, thin wall, plastic pipe to pre-heat your home's furnace air intake. Fresh air enters a system of these pipes which are laid around the exterior and interior of your home's foundation. You can let the air draft naturally through your earth tubes for a truly sustainble, non-electric, passive geothermal system or add fans and filters to supplement the home's back-up heating system.
- Draft Technologies - The Eddy Draft Regulator produces fuel savings up to 20% on boilers and hot water heaters by changing the way that air flows up the flue stack and by slowing down the air flow. See also Draft Control Solutions.
- http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/diy_magnet_use/ Modify your furnace for fuel savings. Using magnets and other techniques to reduce heating costs with gas, propane, and fuel oil furnaces. 15% savings might be possible.
- Alternate Heating Systems, Inc. - Wood gasification boilers are a fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly way to heat your home or business. Options for automated fuel delivery and oil or gas backup.
- Yukon Eagle - Enjoy savings up to 80% on your fuel bills and have the comforts of wood heating, plus the convenience of a wood/gas, wood/oil or wood/electric central heating furnace.
- HS-Tarm Excel Boilers provide a convenient, safe, and environmentally friendly way to heat your home and domestic hot water with wood, oil or gas.
- New Horizon Corp. - Wood burning boilers, utilizing wood gasification process, bring economic and convenient method of wood heating into the 22nd century.
- 2008 Innovation of the Year: Home Heating and Cooling - The Acadia from Hallowell International is an all-electric combined heating and cooling air source heat pump system that dramatically reduces monthly energy bills. It runs efficiently and outperforms conventional heating systems by 300% -- even in temperatures as cold as minus 30 degrees Fahrenheit. (SunHerald.com; Jan. 15, 2008)
- Hallowell International - Air source All Climate Heat Pump has similar efficiency to a geothermal heat pump but at a fraction of the installed cost, cutting heating and cooling costs up to 60%. It uses a booster compressor and refrigerant subcooling to maintain comfortable indoor temperatures at outdoor temperatures well below zero, without back-up supplemental heat.
- Air & Water - Everything from Electric fireplace heaters to garage heaters we have it. All your heating needs can be solved and we will sell it to you at WHOLESALE PRICES!!
- Nyle Special Products - Heat Pumps have long been an environmentally safe, energy-efficient alternative to fossil fuels for warmer climates. The Cold Climate Heat Pump (CCHP) is the first and only air source heat pump that maintains high efficiency down to 0°F and below, generating savings of 40% or more.
- CeramiCircuit™ - Infrared Radiant Panel Heaters
- Portable Furnace - used an average of 35% less energy than conventional gas furnace/baseboard systems.
- Radiant Floor Heating - Hydronic and electric radiant floor heating guides and information.
- Electric Baseboard Heaters - Baseboard heating information comparing hydronic and electric baseboard systems.
- Clean Heat - EA Technical Services developed an ultra-efficient heating pump that will produce one and a half times more heat than other heat pumps for the same amount of power. Combining a unique automotive air management system with a new form of heat pump, Clean Heat will heat in winter and cool in the summer with minimal electric power. Video (Shell Springboard)
- ENERJOY Radiant Peopleheaters - Less expensive heating because you are comfortable at a lower temperature with radiant heat.
- Panel Heaters cost as low as one or two cents per hour to operate Under Desk
- Econo~Heat U.S. electric panel heaters use less power than the average computer (400watts) yet can easily heat an average sized bedroom (10ft x 10ft). They cost about 3 cents per hour to run based on the national US average cost of 8 cents per kilowatt hour. Econo-Heat Canada
- Air Source Heat Pump with evaporator in the attic will recover waste heat from warm chimney and passive solar heating of the roof.
- Reiker Room Conditioner is a combination ceiling fan and heater with high levels of efficiency. It is the ideal zone heating device. Heats a 20ft x 20ft room for about 5 cents per hour.
- bobvila.com - "During winter, a ceiling fan can move heat trapped near the ceiling back into the living area. This is especially valuable in rooms with high or vaulted ceilings. Remember to run your ceiling fan counter-clockwise in the summer and clockwise in the winter."
- Avedon Engineering - The Airius Thermal Equalizer DeStratification Fan will balance floor and ceiling temperatures without drafts, conserve energy, and reduce your heating/cooling expenses by 35% or more. It improves the comfort level inside buildings with a high ceiling and is more cost effective than oversized ceiling fans.
- Big Ass Fans - High-volume/low-speed fans provide 25+ times the airflow of the standard industrial ceiling fan. It's not uncommon for the temperature to differ 20ºF from ceiling to floor. Install a Big Ass Fan® and gently drive that hot ceiling-level air down to the floor, while reducing your heating bills 25% or more. See also MacroAir Technologies High Volume Low Speed (HVLS) fans.
- Comfort Plus unit with a heat pump allows the heat pump's high efficiency to be combined with off-peak electric rates making this heating and cooling system the lowest operation cost option.
- Hydro-Sil hydronic heating features variable wattage proportional power on an as-needed basis. This exclusive technology greatly increases energy savings and comfort.
- Electric Heaters - A good selection of electric heaters including under-rug radiant floor heater.
- The HEATSTICK™ Thermal Fan pumps warm air from the ceiling to the cold floor.
- Invisible Heating Systems Revolution XP radiant heating system uses a low energy carbon impregnated film installed between floor or ceiling joists. It uses the same radiant action as the sun to gently warm the surfaces, objects and occupants of a room. Your energy bills can be reduced by up to 40% whilst having the versatility of being able to control each room individually.
- SmartSol - Beautiful radiators made from natural marble and granite panels. Highly energy efficient and low heating costs. Heating with stone was common practice for thousands of years and many civilisations. Marble is particularly suitable as it is a bad convector by nature and the main way to pass on its thermal energy when heated is to use radiant heat.
- Speedheat US - Electric Radiant Floor Heating Systems for under all floor coverings, including carpet, area rugs, tile, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, showers, etc. Costs as little to operate as your average light fixture. Save energy by zone heating...heating only the rooms in use. Turn your central heater down to save energy. Radiant heat creates comfort at an average of 10°F less than forced air heating.
- Pellet Stoves vs. Wood Stoves: Which is Greener? - Pellet stoves are very efficient - 75 percent to 90 percent overall efficiency - and have a BTU output content four to five times higher than cord wood or wood chips but require electricity to operate. (TreeHugger; Feb. 2, 2009)
- Wood Burning Stoves - Efficiency of wood burning stoves, and reviews of products relating to wood stoves.
- Cheaper Heat by eartheasy.com
- "Green Building" Electric Radiant Floor Heating - Speedheat® electric radiant floor heating produces energy savings up to 20% from heating only the occupied areas. It produces even heating from the ground up, with more comfort at lower temperatures, allowing reduced thermostat settings which also lowers heating costs. (SearchWarp; July 18, 2007)
- "Under Carpet Heating in the Nursery and Daycare Centers" Electric Radiant Floor Heating - Speedheat® carpet heating eliminates several problems with your traditional forced air heating systems. (SearchWarp; July 27, 2007)
- Solar Heating directory at Peswiki
See Discussion page