PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and Facilitating the Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies
Page first featured Nov. 1, 2008
Mileage Improvement for Large Trucks
Hy-Drive Technologies is perhaps the most serious commercial venture developing hydrogen injection technology in which an on-board electrolizer produces hydroxy (H and O) gas that is ducted into the air intake of a vehicle where it catalyzes a more efficient burn of the fuel, increasing mileage by 5-25%, while also increasing horsepower and cleaning up the emissions
Eventually they plan to address the entire combustion engine industry, but at first they are targeting the Class 8, large truck market, one engine type at a time.
On Oct. 10, 2008, the company announced completion of a series of tests used to determine fuel efficiency as well as emissions performance under the supervision of accredited validation laboratories. (Fuel economy tests followed industry standard SAE J1321 Type II test format procedures, while particulate emissions test procedures followed the SAE J1667 protocol.)
In the same press release, Hy-Drive announced performance results that they had promised would be announced following accredited third party validation. "Hy-Drive is pleased to report verified results from repeated sample trials conducted over the past several months on diesel engines in the 5.9-7.3 litre size. Testing for both fuel performance and particulate emissions were all positive, with a range of performance results now documented. Average fuel savings in excess of 20% with commensurate emissions reductions were recorded."
These results puts the company in a better position to proceed towards staged commercialization for on-highway diesel tractors. They will continue in beta testing into 2009, and depending on test results from about 100 class 8 trucks, they will be ready to begin distributing to the first engine type in that market. Simultaneously, they will begin EPA, Transport Canada, and CARB certifications so that they can penetrate the fleet market to fleets.
In 2007 they put out a limited release of product that they ended up having to recall inasmuch as it was not performing in the field as it had in the lab.
The company, which has public stocks, is well financed.
How it Works
Operation of the Clean Air Operating System™ requires the addition of 2 litres of distilled water for every 80 hours of operation. The unit is designed and manufactured to SAE J1455 standards for: extreme temperature, shock, pressure, humidity, vibration, salt, fog, sand and dust. Features of the Clean Air Operating System™
- Hy-Slip™ - Hydrogen Enhanced Friction Reducer
- Hy-Slip Assist™ - Bypass Oil Filtration System
- Hy-Link MPG Mileage Monitoring
- Pressure safety controls
- Hydrogen leak sensors
- Turbo boost monitors
The Clean Air Operating System™ can be installed in 6 hours or less and is non-intrusive, meaning that the OEM engine warranty is NOT affected. In addition, the installation is non-intrusive so that an engine will revert to normal operation if the unit shuts down for any reason.
- Product Video - 9 Minutes
(5.25 Minutes) Hy-Drive - Investor Video
- Hy-Drive is an energy technology firm that has developed a proprietary, patented hydrogen generating system. The Hy-Drive system generates and injects hydrogen gas into a regular internal combustion engine, enhancing the combustion process by allowing fuel to burn more efficiently and completely. (YouTube; September 11, 2007)
Buy or lease. Buy it will pay for itself within 1 year.
- Improves fuel mileage 8-25%
- Improved horsepower 6-8%
- Cleans Internal Combustion Engines over time
- Reduced emissions depending on material, 8-98%
- Heavy duty vehicles
- Accredited third party validation announced Oct. 30, 2008 for tests done on 5.9-liter engine. The next milestone will be to perform similar third-party tests on a 15-liter engine, as used in class 8 vehicles.
Hy-Drive is pleased to report verified results from repeated sample trials conducted over the past several months on diesel engines in the 5.9-7.3 litre size. Testing for both fuel performance and particulate emissions were all positive, with a range of performance results now documented. Average fuel savings in excess of 20% with commensurate emissions reductions were recorded. These results are notable as they represent an important directional sign that supports the validity of Hy-Drive's HGS (Hydrogen Generating System) technology, and are an indication of performance repeatability.
31 issued or pending
Company:Hy-Drive Technologies, Ltd.
The company began operations in around 1998. It became public in around 2004. Before that, funding came from private investors.
Hy-Drive's market strategy is to provide a technological solution that delivers both fuel savings and emission reduction for the company's principal market - Class 8 on-highway trucks. The HGS (Hydrogen Generating System) provides additive amounts of on-vehicle generated hydrogen, which is intended to enhance overall engine performance when injected pre-combustion into the engine.
As of Oct. 31, 2008, the company has about $10 million in the bank -- enough to continue development for another 12-18 months. Hugo Sorensen, CEO, raised $26 million in Jan '07 from the public market.
In the News
- Press Releases at Hy-Drive.com
- Public Stories compiled at Hy-Drive.com
- Feature Stories compiled at Hy-Drive.com
- Audio/Video Stories coimpiled at Hy-Drive.com
- Hy-Drive Technologies announces: Product Performance Test Results and Memorandum of Understanding - A series of tests used to determine fuel efficiency as well as emissions performance under the supervision of accredited validation laboratories have now been completed. (Stockhouse; Oct. 30, 2008)
See Discussion page
On Oct. 31, 2008, Sterling D. Allan spoke with Tom Wallace of Hy-Drive, integrating some of that information into the above page.
4-6705 Millcreek Drive
Canada L5N 5M4
Tel: (905) 542-3024
Fax: (905) 542-0820< br> E-Mail: email@example.com (Direct all inquiries to Hugo Sorensen, President & CEO)
Sales and Marketing Enquiries
(same address and phone)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Direct all enquiries to Grove Bennett, VP, Sales and Marketing)
Technical & Customer Enquiries
Tel.: (905) 542-3024
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency Hydrogen Injection
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency Explanations#Hydrogen
- PowerPedia:Hydroxy Generators for Fuel Efficiency
HYDROGEN PRODUCTION AND STORAGE
- Directory:Hydrogen Production
- Directory:Hydrogen from Water
- Directory:Solar Hydrogen
- Directory:Hydrogen Storage
- Directory:Water as Fuel
- Directory:Hydrogen Vehicles | PowerPedia:Hydrogen vehicle | PowerPedia:Hydrogen car
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency - main index
- News:Fuel Efficiency
- Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
FUEL TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES
- Fuel Additives
- Directory:Alternative Fuels
- Directory:Fuel Pre-Heating for Mileage Improvement
- Hydrogen Injection
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Clean Fuel Conversions
- Directory:Spark Plugs
- Directory:Hypermiling -- Driving Tips for Better Mileage
- Directory:Boron Additive
- Directory:Electric Vehicles
- Template:Electric Vehicles footer - more EV listings
VEHICLE HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS
- Directory:Air Cars