PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Hydrogen from Water
Hydrogen can be generated from water by `splitting' it from oxygen. The most well-known process is electrolysis, but other mechanisms exist as well, such as catalyst in the presence of heat (e.g. solar), or superimposing radio frequencies.
- See also
- Directory:Solar Hydrogen - Systems that use the Sun's heat and catalyst to split hydrogen from oxygen.
- Hydrogen Technologies
- Cars on Water
Hydrogen from Water
- Overview Video: Water as Fuel (via ZPE) (3 min) - While academia has been spurning the topic, hundreds, if not thousands of hobbyists and independent investigators worldwide are working on various electrolysis-like projects which put out more energy than was required to run the electrolysis unit. (PES Network Video; Aug. 31, 2007)
Kenarev's Electrolysis: A Joe Cell Variant with Patents - Introduction and index of works by Professor Kanarev, includes five patents, several books about how water can be the main power carrier of future power engineering. Some processes described resemble those being attributed to the Joe cell.
- Bar-Gadda LLC (index at PESWiki) - Prototype device converts water vapor or steam into hydrogen using a process called radiant energy transfer. Efficiency around 90%. Yields in excess of 80% H.
- 'Xogen Power Inc. - hydrogen-oxygen gas from water using frequencies; water purification, waste remediation, home power. Differs from Browns gas in that it uses frequency generator to apply current.
Michael Couch reported - Xogen was 20% owned by a CDNX company, Tathecus (spelling). The parent company had its stock frozen pending an investigation of the Xogen claims. The investigation never finished a report. I watched for two years to see if they would. Basically, it looks like the CDNX sabotaged the parent company in an effort to kill Xogen for the Queen and BP. I will attempt to verify the death certificate.
American Group of Companies
There are many whisperings on the underground of various teams that have working "hydrogen from water on-the-fly" technologies preparing for market. The scuttlebutt is that a person's life is in danger for presenting such a technology that would so thoroughly undermine the entrenched oil interests along with the political stooges that use fossil fuels as a method to keep their control over the industrial world.
Vehicles on Water
- Top 100 / Featured: Fuel Cells / Hydrogen >
PowerAvenue is Revolutionizing Hydrogen Production and Fuel Cell Technology - PowerAvenue Corp has patented a way to create from sand a form of silicon that reacts with water to generate hydrogen at the point of use, making silicon the energy carrier. Their fuel cells operate at low pressure and temperatures, have a high power-to-weight ratio, and are reliable and efficient. (PESWiki; Jan. 8, 2009)
- Hydrogen from Water using Boron - Chemical process allows for rapid liberation of hydrogen from water. The resulting boron oxide can then be regenerated to boron using renewable energy. Does require distribution infrastructure.
- Purdue Announces Hydrogen from Water, Organic Material - Purdue researchers have developed a novel technique for producing hydrogen from water. It requires only water, a catalyst based on the metal rhenium (REE-nee-um) and an organic liquid called an organosilane, which can be stored and transported easily. (PESN; Aug. 31, 2005)
- AllH2 - The cell is a combination of magnesium, aluminium and stainless steel. It weighs .061 lbs. and has a lifetime shelf life. It's dimensions are 3" X 12" X 1/4". This cell when immersed in seawater releases hydrogen gas.
Safe Hydrogen LLC
- Safe Hydrogen LLC is developing a hydrogen fuel that can be distributed using the existing gasoline infrastructure utilizing magnesium hydride slurry as a pumpable hydrogen fuel. Hydrogen is generated -only when needed - by mixing the slurry in a compact mixing device with water.
Hydrogen Power Inc
- Hydrogen Power, Inc Produces Hydrogen from Water - Hydrogen Now involves a chemical reaction between water, aluminum, and a catalyst to produce hydrogen on-demand. AlumiFuel powder, consisting of aluminum and catalyst can be easily transported and stored. The aluminum “splits" the water freeing the hydrogen and creating a benign byproduct of aluminum hydroxide. (The Energy Blog; December 28, 2006)
- Hydrogen Power Inc - Hydrogen Now™ combines aluminum, water and an environmentally-friendly catalyst to create a water split reaction.
- AirGen Corporation - AGC’s technology involves a chemical reaction created by the mixture of water, metals and nanosized colloidal metal catalysts to generate hydrogen and oxygen gas using a thermal and/or electric energy source. The low process temperature required can be supplied by renewable sources and the only consumable is water.
Global Hydrofuel Technologies
- Global Hydrofuel Technolgies - has developed a method for producing hydrogen-on-demand from aluminum-assisted water split reaction, hydrogen suitable for any application and without the need for hydrogen storage or distribution. As well, the byproduct of the process can be recycled and reused in the process.
See Solar Hydrogen
- Directory:Using Light Finesse Instead of Brute Force in Water Molecule Dissociation - Kim Blake describes his theory about a plausible way to extract hydrogen from water using particular vibrations of light.
- Hydrogen from water using ironsands catalyst - Proposed process would use New Zeland's North Island west coast's unique volcanic ironsands to help to extract pure hydrogen from water. Demo plant expected within five years. (Stuff.co.nz; Nov. 19, 2004)
- EGasPower Ltd produce self refueling electrical power generators, the fuel being nothing more than rainwater. Currently sold only in New Zealand.
- Cancer-Cure Radio Frequency Machine Turns Salt Water Into Fire - John Kanzius invented a radio wave machine in an attempt to kill cancer. While trying to desalinize salt water with the machine, the water started burning. The machine breaks down the hydrogen-oxygen bond in the water, igniting the hydrogen. (PESWiki; May 26, 2007)
- Wireless Headset Causes Fire from Water in Microwave - Retired university professor, Teresa Audesirk, reports seeing flames shoot out of a container with green beans in salted water in her microwave as she walked by it wearing a wireless headset, which operates in the VHF range. (PESN; April 4, 2008)
See also Directory:Solar_Hydrogen - systems that use the suns heat along with a catalist to split hydrogen from water.
- Hydrogen from Water in Thermochemical Process - Clemson University team says thermochemical process for splitting hydrogen from water is much more efficient than the classic electrolysis method. (PhysOrg; Feb. 17, 2005)
Virginia Polytechnic and State University
- Using light to convert water to hydrogen gas - Virginia Tech chemists are several steps closer to teasing hydrogen fuel from water using man-made molecular devices that collect electrons and use them to split hydrogen from oxygen. (PhysOrg; Aug. 29, 2005)
- Molecule Harvests Water's Hydrogen - Researchers have developed a large molecule that can use sunlight energy to extract hydrogen from water, and then use that to move electrons more efficiently. (MIT Technology Review; Dec. 6, 2004)
Other Hydrogen from Water Methods
- Sandia Invents New Way to Make Hydrogen for Fuel - Sandia researcher Rich Diver has invented the Counter Rotating Ring Receiver Reactor Recuperator (CR5, for short), which splits water into hydrogen and oxygen, using a simple, two-step thermochemical process. (FuelCellsWorks; Feb. 15, 2006)
Company shown to be fraudulent. Principal, Patrick Timothy Kelly, is in jail.
Official GS Website
- GWE Feature Page at FreeEnergyNews.com - independent coverage.
- Genesis World Energy Founder Arrested in Idaho - 2005-10-30 - On September 23, Patrick Timothy Kelly was arrested by the Ada County Sheriff on a warrant for "flight to Idaho" from New Jersey. Since his arrest, there have been no updates to genesis-scientific.com, Kelly's 415 area code phone has stopped answering.
Other Hydrogen Directories
- H2O Power: Using H2 From Water As Our Next Fuel - Mike Johnston's website elaborates some of his ideas, and compiles work being done by others. - Mike's website is FULL of errors. A lot of his ideas don't account for the energy consumed during the production of hydrogen as well as COMPLETELY IGNORES the CARNOT LIMIT of heat engines. Some of his ideas also utilize a turbine operating at 1100 C which is very expensive (prohibitively) to produce. - Sean Costello
- American Hydrogen Association
Other Hydrogen Work
- H-Tech Inc: The Hydrogen Company
- Water for Fuel, LLC - Water for Fuel has built a better circuit than Xogen and Stanley Meyer. Electronics and schematics are for sale on the website. Their blog shows them trying to make a big block V8 run on tap water.
- Roger Billings' Hydrogen Projects - powered busses on hydrogen in Provo Utah.
- Water as Fuel - Index of instructional material by Stan Myers. Stan Myers Water Fuel Cell; and The Hydrogen Fracturing Process.
- Asymmetric Parabolic Mirrors on a Filament of Platinum - System converts solar radiation into hydrogen utilizing ASYMETRIC PARABOLIC MIRRORS to create energy gradients that set up an energy flow on a platinum wire.
- Burn Aluminum Cans - Forget recycling,,,BURN IT! Create 10 times the financial value out of your old pop cans over and above what a recycling center would offer you.
- Ovonic Hydrogen Systems - Solid Hydrogen Storage technology offers a safe, effective method of storing and transporting hydrogen.
- The Solar Hydrogen Civilization Book by Roy McAlister
- The Water Fuel Cell - The goal of this web site is to explain the science behind Stanley Meyer’s water fuel cell.
- Maxell Introduces Fuel Cell using Water and Aluminum
- HERA Hydrogen Storage Systems - HERA’s compressors are solid-state, thermally powered systems that use hydrides and heat to compress hydrogen, as opposed to electrically powered mechanical compressors which have many moving parts.
- german new energy researchers - The german company IPCtec research labs has the goal to power a 4 stroke engine from an powergenerator using ONLY water. The favorite methode is a Joe Cell, but Stanley Meyer work combined with a Joe Cell should do the job.
Electronic Electrolysis / Motor Controllers
- GoBox Wiki Open source Motor controller project for when the implementation gets advanced enough to require electronic control of all aspects of Hydrogen or alternative fuel administration. Also consider joining the GoBox Group if you like to lead any aspect of the electronics development.
- WaterEnergies - Yahoo! discussion group.
- egaspower - Yahoo! discussion group on Electrolytic Gas as Fuel.
- Hydrogen Generator - Forum for hydrogen generators.
In the News
- Feature: Water as Fuel > Electrolysis > H from Water >
Explosion at California water fuel research company kills inventor - On Thursday afternoon, 28-year-old inventor, Tyson Larson was killed in an explosion that ripped a hole in the roof and blew out the back doors to a Simi Valley building of the family member's company, Realm Industries, which was seeking to develop his water fuel technology. (PESN; June 18, 2010) (Comments)
- Cheap Hydrogen Fuel - Researchers at GE say they've come up with an easy-to-manufacture apparatus that could produce hydrogen via electrolysis for about $3 per kilogram -- a quantity roughly comparable to a gallon of gasoline -- down from today's $8 per kilogram. They used a GE plastic called Noryl that is extremely resistant to the highly alkaline potassium hydroxide, and because the plastic is easy to form and join, manufacturing an electrolyzer is relatively cheap. (Technology Review; March 09, 2006)
0.15 minutes Hydrogen Generators HHO
Hydrogen Generation Technologies' H2-Hydro-Gen an Automotive Hydrogen Generator. With it's Multi-Tube-Electrode design it offers a high Hydrogen production at lower amps than any other device on the market. (YouTube Sept. 2009)Hydrogen Generation Technologies
HYDROGEN PRODUCTION AND STORAGE
- Directory:Hydrogen Production
- Directory:Hydrogen from Water
- Directory:Solar Hydrogen
- Directory:Hydrogen Storage
- Directory:Water as Fuel
- Directory:Hydrogen Vehicles | PowerPedia:Hydrogen vehicle | PowerPedia:Hydrogen car
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency - main index
- News:Fuel Efficiency
- Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
FUEL TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES
- Fuel Additives
- Directory:Alternative Fuels
- Directory:Fuel Pre-Heating for Mileage Improvement
- Hydrogen Injection
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Clean Fuel Conversions
- Directory:Spark Plugs
- Directory:Hypermiling -- Driving Tips for Better Mileage
- Directory:Boron Additive
- Directory:Electric Vehicles
- Template:Electric Vehicles footer - more EV listings
VEHICLE HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS
- Directory:Air Cars
ALT FUELS (alphabetical sequence)
- Directory:Alternative Fuels
- Directory:Air Cars
- Directory:Algae | Videos:Algae as Fuel
- Directory:Biodiesel | Videos:Biodiesel
- Directory:Biomass > R&D
- Directory:Liquid Nitrogen economy
- Directory:Sorganol Biofuel
- Directory:Biofuel Sources
- Directory:Waste to Energy
- Directory:Water as Fuel
WATER FUEL FOOTER
- Directory:Water as Fuel | PowerPedia:Water as fuel | PowerPedia:Water gas
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency Hydrogen Injection
- Directory:Hydroxy or HHO Injection Systems | News:Hydroxy
- Directory:HHOi under Air Pressure to the Fuel Rail to Provide Petrol Substitute
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Stanley Meyer
- Directory:Brown's Gas | PowerPedia:Browns gas
- Directory:Ohmasa Gas by Japan Techno Co., Ltd.
- Directory:Water Dissociation Using Zero Point Energy
- Directory:Joe Cell
- Directory:Water-Powered Batteries
- Directory:Hydrogen from Water
- Directory:Hydrogen | PowerPedia:Hydrogen
- Directory:Water | News:Water
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency | News:Fuel Efficiency
- Directory:Alternative Fuels| News:Alternative Fuels
- Directory: Hydrogen Hog by Future Energy Concepts, Inc. (Freddy's Cell)
- OS:Self-Looped Anton HHO Cell System
- OS:Water Fuel Cell
- OS:Moray King:Closed-Loop Water Fuel Cell