PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Industrial Nanotech Inc:Nansulate
Industrial Nanotech, Inc has a patented product line of specialty coatings called Nansulate® that contain a nanotechnology-based material. These coatings are well-documented to provide the combined performance qualities of thermal insulation, corrosion prevention, lead abatement, and resistance to mold growth in an environmentally safe, water-based, coating formulation. The coating also provides a fire barrier.
The Nansulate® Product Line includes both industrial and residential coatings.
On a microscopic level, the paint resembles lava rock, with tiny pores. Hence the 30-day cure time -- it takes that long for the water to evaporate. On the other hand, this also contributes to its mold-resistance, since it becomes essentially impervious to water absorption. The Nansulate coats go on before or after the regular paint when color or other attributes are desired. It is not intended to be mixed with other paints.
Additionally, the company is developing a new product that will add the ability to harness electricity from the thermal gradiant.
Residential customers have been the most receptive, finding an ROI of less than a year when used for an insulative barrier on walls, providing an average of 20% energy savings.
- http://www.nansulate.com - Insulative coating product line website.
- >>>Purchase<<< (credits PES Network with the sale, providing them with a commission)
- Nansulate Product Warranty
- Customer Testimonials: Industrial Testimonials | Residential Testimonials | Specialty Testimonials
- Case Studies: Industrial Case Studies | Residential Case Studies | Specialty Case Studies
- Testing Data: Corrosion Prevention Data | Mold Resistance Data | Thermal Insulation Data | Lead Encapsulation Data | Environmental Data
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions | Product Selector Chart
- Download (13 Mb; mp3) - On May 4, 2008 Sterling D. Allan conducted a live, 1-hour interview with Francesca Crolley, VP of Operations and Marketing, Industrial NanoTech, Inc.
How it Works
The tiny, nanotech volcanic rock-like pores provide an insulative barrier.
The company recommends at least three coats. More coats provide additional protection, but curing time needs to be taken into consideration. Allow 30 days for each three coats. Some applications have used up to 24 coats.
- 'Nansulate EPX Candle Demo - Video demonstration of thermal ability of EPX-4. (YouTube; Sept. 2, 2008)
_ _ _ _
- 'Industrial Nanotech and Nansulate Overview - Overview of the company and their patented energy saving coating technology. (YouTube; Sept. 1, 2008)
_ _ _ _
- 'Nansulate EPX Flame Demonstration - Flame resistance comparison test of the new Nansulate EPX coating. (YouTube; March 07, 2008)
_ _ _ _
- 'Nansulate Thermal Barrier Coating - Nansulate is a patented nanotechnology coating which blocks heat transfer and reduced energy use. (YouTube; March 08, 2008)
The Nansulate paint costs around $65.00 per gallon.
Application cost is around 44 to 53 cents per square foot.
If the automobile industry were to apply this paint to new vehicles in the assembly line for thermal and corrosive barrier purposes, it would add about $30.00 to the price of each vehicle, and could include coating the intake manifold and fuel line in addition to the body cavity.
- Apply by paint or roller
- Clear, see-through
- Fire retardation
- Plumbing insulation and corrosion resistance
- Cold and Hot water lines
- Hot water tank
- Pipeline industry
- Residential and Commercial building barrier insulation
- Additional insulation in solariums / green houses.
- Intake manifold, fuel tank and line protection
- Textiles, used on drying machines and heat exchangers
Insulative paint is patented. Provisional patents have been filed for the thermal electric version being developed.
Company: Industrial Nanotech, Inc.
The company grew 265% from Q1 2006 to Q1 2007. The company has agents in 37 countries.
Stock Symbol: INTK.PK
Inventor: Stuart Burchill
Serves as CEO of company.
In the News
- Google News > Nansulate - 7 results as of May 7, 2008
- Nansulate Paint May Soon Generate Electricity from Thermal Differences - With the application of a paint coating, the thermal difference between inside and outside temperatures could be used to generate electricity, in addition to saving energy through its insulating properties. (PESN; Oct. 1, 2007)
- Google > Nansulate - 31,000 results as of May 7, 2008
See Discussion page
Have a specific question you would like to ask about Nansulate® Products?
Then come join us at the Nansulate® Consumer Forum. http://magma-tech.us/phpBB3/ This forum is open for the Nansulate® consumers to ask questions, post comments, and get information about Nansulate® products, and leave feedback about the products. For More Information About Nansulate® Products visit : http://magma-tech.us ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Industrial Nanotech, Inc.
801 Laurel Oak Dr., Suite 702
Naples, FL 34108
US & Canada: 800-767-3998
Fax (US & Can.): 1-239-254-1381
Amsterdam, Netherlands 31.020.796.5975
Frankfurt, Germany 0699.7944.0021
London, England 207.071.5705
Paris, France 33.01.73.02.31.22