PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
The following page is an archive page, as of Feb. 10, 2008. The alphabetical listing has since been updated so that there is a separate page for each letter of the alphabet.
- James Leslie's Ambient Kinetic Energy Generator - James Leslie, CCP, of Project Jericho claims a prototype that converts kinetic energy in the atmosphere using specific elements of the gas laws and Faraday's Law.
- Jimmy Sabori's Papp Engine Variants - Video of a two-cycle engine demonstrates power output up to 500 HP on a dynamometer; and a one-cycle engine with Plexiglas cylinder shows ignition of noble gas in vacuum process, which current physics says is impossible.
- JINR Star Battery - Russian scientists from the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research have invented a battery based on a new substance that allegedly can capture energy not only from the sun, but also from the stars.
- Joe Cell - A Joe Cell is similar to an electrolysis cell built with concentric stainless steel pipes. It is believed to be an Orgone Accumulator that progresses through a series of stages, the first of which is simple electrolysis, the second is referred to as the seeding stage, in which the cell builds up a charge in the water, which eventually reaches a point where the cell will run an engine.
- Johanna Solar Technology - South African solar panels consist of a thin layer approximately five microns thick (a human hair is 20 microns thick) of a unique metal alloy that converts light into energy at a fraction of the cost. The photo-responsive alloy can operate on virtually all flexible surfaces.
- Johnson Electro Mechanical Systems - Thermal energy system invented by the person who came up with the Super Soaker can achieve a conversion efficiency rate that tops 60 percent with a new solid-state heat engine. It uses temperature differences to create pressure gradients that are used to force ions through a membrane, instead of moving an axle or wheel. Inventor has also come up with an ambient energy conversion system as well as an electric heat pump.
- Joseph Newman Motor - Joseph Newman is one of the more notorious names in the free energy world, having claimed for years that he has developed an electromagnetic device that produces more energy than it consumes, harnessing its excess energy from an unseen, free energy source.
See also Directory:J
- Kanarev's Electrolysis: A Joe Cell Variant with Patents - Introduction and index of works by Professor Kanarev, includes five patents, several books about how water can be the main power carrier of future power engineering. Some processes described resemble those being attributed to the Joe cell.
- Kawai Motor - There has been too few articles about the Kawai motor and how it would work. Here I try to explain and also suggest a way of modifying your own Hybrid variety of stepper motors.
- Kneider's Wave Energy Propeller Engine - External fin system uses the energy of waves to provide thrust energy for the craft. Benefits the craft by stabilizing the ride. Toy-size proof of concept prototype built. Possible open source project (for experimental purposes only; commercial applications will need to be authorized under contract).
- Kokhala: Electricity from Low Temperature Heat & Storage in PCS - Technology harnesses 120+ degrees from a wide variety of sources to generate electricity, for reliable, affordable, clean power for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
- Krystal Planet - Krystal Planet is the first (and currently, only) renewable energy company in the world that is using referral-based marketing to promote wind energy and energy-efficient products and services.
See also Directory:L
- Leedskalnin Magnetic Currents - Monsieur Bonheur's experiments and discussion regarding Magnetic Currents, a book written in October 1945 by Edward Leedskalnin, the famous builder of the enigmatic Coral Castle.
- Directory:Levers - Some energy approaches do not appear to be a primary energy source, such as solar is, but they serve as a lever to amplify an existing energy source many times. These could be electrical or mechanical in nature.
- Libralato Ruggero's Atkinson-Cycle Rotary Engine - Rotary engine design by Italian inventor uses the Atkinson cycle to combine the best attributes of wankel rotaries and piston engines. Half the size of a conventional engine, it produces 30% more power and uses 10% less fuel.
- Light Emitting Diodes - Recent developments indicate that highly efficient and long lasting Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) might someday replace light bulbs. LEDs are now available in white and are starting to penetrate the lighting market.
- Lightning Power - New directory page addresses the power of lightning, and the question of (a) how to harness that power, (b) whether there are substantial reasons not to.
- Lindemann Rotary Attraction Motor - Peter Lindemann has been coaching a forum in replicating a modified off-the-shelf motor, adding a Bedini-like circuit for improved efficiency, smoother running, and possible over-unity performance.
- Linear Combustion Electromagnetic Engines - Index of designs and companies promoting designs in which a lineaer two-piston system drives magnets by induction coils to generate electricity, so that the output energy of combustion is electricity, not torque.
- Liquid Nitrogen economy - A proposal for a future economy in which the primary form of energy storage and transport is liquid Nitrogen. It is proposed as an alternative to petroleum and as a means of locally storing energy captured from renewable sources.
- Lutec - Claims generator that will produce up to 1000 watts of DC electricity twenty four hours a day, every day, which will be stored in a battery bank and then inverted to AC power and connected directly into the home or business.
See also Directory:L
- Mac McCarthy Magnet Motor - Florida inventor claims to have an all-magnet motor (no electrical or other fuel input) prototype ready to launch into the process of engineering for production. He is looking for partners and funding.
- Magenn index page - Inflatable, rotating balloon, wind turbine design scheduled for market readiness in 2006; at a price close to grid power.
- MagLev Wind Power Generator Unveiled in China - World's first permanent magnetic levitation wind power generator is expected to boost generation capacity by as much as 20% over traditional wind turbines, dropping operational costs by as much as 50%.
- MagneGas Plasma Arc Flow Reactors - MagneGas Technology has been developed to process liquid wastes into a clean burning fuel known as magnegas, plus heat and other usable byproducts, said processing occurring without noise, liquid, gaseous or other pollutions. New discoveries of science involved.
- Magnetic Electron Pump open source project - Solid state (no moving parts) electromagnetic device, said to be simple to build from readily-available, inexpensive materials, allegedly puts out four times as much energy as is required to run it. FE professionals point out measurement problems and math errors.
- Magnetic Power Inc - Mark Goldes' company claims to be close enough to have some demo devices, which extract energy from the vacuum of space, ready for market by end of 2006. 1 kW module expected shortly thereafter.
- Magnetic Radial Cam Motor - Wes Crosiar says his concept is nearly identical to Walter Torbay's Magnetic Transgenerator; offers a sketch of what is happening on the bottom side where he says the gear works are located.
- Magratten Electromagnetic Motor for Sale - ColdElectricity.info site launched to announce completion of the Gary Magratten motor, now available for sale, for research purposes. Said to be 200% over-unity; no independent verification known.
- Makani Aims to Harvest High Altitude Wind - "Makani Power is seeking to harness high-altitude wind energy to produce energy at an unsubsidized real cost significantly below that of the least expensive coal-fired power plants, the current benchmark of the lowest cost source of power." Google has invested $10 million in Makani.
- Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Engine - Internal combustion engine features multiple firings in one cycle to give 40 times higher power to weight ratio, low parts count, low maintenance, high mechanical efficiency, and low pollution.
- Matteran Energy produces electricity and refrigeration from near ambient heat - An experimental small scale power plant is producing electricity and refrigeration temperatures fueled simply by the heat in warm water - typically 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Directory:Michaud Atmospheric Vortex Engine - Tamed-tornado, anchored-vortex concept said to offer a vast increase in electrical output using waste heat from existing power plants. Small prototypes are promising. (http://www.vortexengine.ca/)
- Meerut Graviational Energy Claim - Three students in India present a new concept for energy generation, using gravity, Archimedes principle of floating, and magnetic force.
- Methanol -- Ethanol's Sister Product - Ethanol can be an even more effective energy alternative to petroleum if the unused portion of the crop are used to create methanol.
- Metoz gravity motor - Overbalance concept by which device is said to be able to tap the energy of gravity, is elaborate but flawed, according to PES Science Advisor, Ken Rauen.
- Microbial Fuel Cells at Penn State - Bacteria that feed on vinegar and waste water zapped with a shot of electricity could produce a clean hydrogen fuel to power vehicles that now run on petroleum. These microbial fuel cells can turn almost any biodegradable organic material into zero-emission hydrogen gas fuel.
- Microgrid - Small networks of power generators in "microgrids" could transform the electricity network in the way that the net changed distributed communication.
- Directory:Microwave-based Oil Extraction - Methods of using microwave frequencies to extract oil and gas in seconds from shale, coal, and tar sands. The microwaves are tuned to an optimum frequency to separate the component parts which can be burned or condensed into liquid fuel, using only a small portion of the energy produced.
- Milkovic Two-Stage Mechanical Oscillator - Serbian inventor, Veljko Milković, shows how leveraged secondary oscillations produce around twelve times more energy than the input energy supplied to the primary pendulum. Highest scientific rating of "original scientific work" granted the patented technology.
- OS:Milkovic-Berrett Secondary Oscillator Generator - Brian Berrett of Lehi, Utah has built a two-wheel device that uses the two-stage mechanical oscillator principle set forth by Mikovic. The electrical output from the secondary wheel is far in excess of the electrical input required to maintain the primary pendulum oscillation on the first wheel.
- Mimicking Living Organisms - Directory dedicated to exploring new energy research efforts focusing on the potential of mimicking the way in which living organisms produce and use energy.
- Mixing Sea and River Water - Devices based on a natural process -- when a river runs into the ocean, a huge amount of energy is unleashed because of the difference in salt concentration.
- Moller Skycar - Moller is developing a combination airplane and motorcar, powered by the Rotapower(R) engine.
- Motionless Electromagnetic Generator - Tom Bearden claims three previously working prototypes of a device that extracts energy from the vacuum of space.
- MotorWind's Pastic Micro Wind Turbines for Sale - Two of the biggest hurdles for using wind power have been cost and the need for strong winds. A Hong Kong businessman/inventor has found a way to overcome those problems with plastic, bringing the generation cost down to around 1 cent per kilowatt-hour.
See also Directory:M
- (BEWARE) N-Motion The Perpetual Motion Vehicle Company - Snazzy-looking website gives an appearance similar to Tesla Motors, Co (a legitimate electric car company), but with no supporting technology. A "perpetual motion" company with no "perpetual motion" working technology.
- Nanotechnology and Energy - Index created to compile applications of nanotechnology that can aid in more efficient energy generation.
- Nanoflex can increase all lighting efficiencies - The nano optical coating on Nanoflex™ provides ideal diffusive and reflective surface to capture light rays from any light source including fluorescent lamps to enhance illumination by 50% on average, both for retrofits as well as new fixtures, enabling the reduction of the number of fixtures.
- Nanotube Super Capacitor Battery - MIT researchers are developing a battery based on capacitors that utilize nanotubes for high surface area, enabling near instantaneous charging and no degradation. Estimating ~5 years to commercialization.
- Neo-AeroDynamic Wind/Water Turbine - The patent-pending turbine for wind and water, invented by Phi Tran, employs lift on the leeward edge, harnessing the turbulence that usually impedes efficiency. The price point is expected to be better than fossil-fuel-generated electricity, even in low wind areas, making it ideal for city/urban roof top and back yard settings.
- Nelson Scientific's Electron Capture - Developing commercial method for capturing electrons for electricity. Device catches free electrons in a vacuum, where they are redirected to conductors, yielding electricity.
- Nikola Tesla - The man who invented the twentieth century is now shaping the twenty-first century as the "Father of Free Energy."
- NineSigma Request Energy Proposals - NineSigma specializes in matching technology capabilities with industry needs, including clean energy solutions.
- Norman Wootan - Norman Wootan gave a presentation on the EV Gray motor at the 2001 Tesla Tech conference.
- NuVinci CVP Transmission by Fallbrook Technologies - Continuously variable gear technology is introduced in a bicycle hub application, from there to then be applied elsewhere. Provides an infinite number of gear ratios. Allows shifting while at a stop, using simple controls.
See also Directory:N
- O'Conner Hush Energy Turbine - Arthur O'Conner of Australia has international patents on a wind turbine design that is very quiet, can operate a low speeds while tolerating high wind speeds, with a price tag that makes energy generation comparable to grid energy cost for residential and commercial applications.
- OC MPMM Magnet Motor - A couple of forum members have been kicking around ideas for how to build an all-magnet motor with no other motive force. One of them shot a video showing acceleration of the device, but he doesn't seem to realize what he's accomplished.
- Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion (OTEC) - seeks to harness the temperature difference between surface and deep sea water.
- Ocean Wave Energy - Directory created by John Coviello, includes FAQs, overview, costs, state of the technology and more.
- Old Indian Gravity Wheel Demonstrated - This gravity wheel is composed of metal balls inside slants within wood, which keep the wheel off-balance, apparently resulting in rotation on its axle. The rotation speed is said to fluctuate up and down, as the motion switches back and forth from kinetic to overbalance.
- Oscillating Water Column - Technology for harnessing the motion of ocean/sea waves as they push an air pocket up and down behind a breakwater. Wells Turbine inside generates electricity from rotation in the same direction, whether the air is moving forward or backward.
- Owens and Companay LLC Electrostatic Generator - Walter Owens has come up with a device which he claims extracts free and ubiquitous static energy for practical use. A rotating device rubs against wool or nylon and collects static electricity in a set of coils.
See also Directory:O
- Hall's Replica of paddyboytube's Gravity Motor Design - Just set this wheel gizmo on the ground and it gradually accelerates forward to a stable point via a mechanism so simple a three-year-old child could comprehend it. Modern science says that this is impossible, yet now at least two people have shown that it is possible.
- Paintable plastic solar cells using quantum dots - New materials science from Univ. of Toronto can harness the sun's invisible, infrared rays, and could deliver up to five times the power of the most advanced photovoltaic cells today.
- Petravoltaics -- Electricity from Rocks - Certain types of igneous rocks exhibit a weak electrical potential that is neither piezoelectric (pressure induced voltage), nor pyroelectric (heat-change induced voltage), but petravoltaic. This is to say that there is a continuous, steady voltage across the rock.
- Nikola Tesla's Pierce Arrow - Did Nikola Tesla really run a touring sedan on free energy in the Summer of 1931? A 12 x 24 x 6 inch black box, with a 1.8-meter antenna allegedly powered the car.
- PAX Scientific mimics nature's design for fans - Company designs fans, impellers, propellers, mixers based on the geometries of a whirlpool. The result is an approximate 33% improvement in efficiency, reduced noise, size and cost.
- Peltier Cooling - Reverse thermoelectric effect through addition of electricity to certain dissimilar metals to generate cooling.
- Perendev 300kW Magnet Motor for Sale - Posting of a document that Perendev is sending to people who inquire about purchasing a permanent magnet motor, and a cautionary statement by former Perendev associate, Sterling D. Allan, who notes that Perendev has a history of well-meaning but failed promises.
- Perendev Power Developments Pty (Ltd) - magnetic motor and nitrogen motor
- Perendev magnet motor variant - Jeffery Lacroix came up with an idea for a magnet motor two years ago, then recently saw that Mike Brady's Perendev motor integrates the essential design, minus some particulars which Jeffery would like to try to implement in a prototype.
- Perepiteia Generator Aims to Harnesses Back EMF - Thane Heins of Potential Difference Inc stumbled upon a way of making electric induction motors work, at the very least, more efficiently. At most, he may have found a way to manipulate magnetic fields so that instead of slowing down a generator it speeds it up.
- Perpetually Rotating Bar Magnet Arrangement Using magnets in a pattern where symmetry is slightly disjointed. Magnets naturally find a place to rest somewhere where the system is in balance. This system/arrangement deliberately has no balance point..
- Peter A. Lindemann - one of the world's foremost experts on explaining how radiant energy works.
- Peter Stevens -- profile page - List of inventions, links to his work with the Joe cell
- Piezoelectric Generator - Richard Dickson proposes using the piezoelectric effect for generating electricity, where pressure turns into electricity, from environments such as wave action or roadway impact. The question is one of cost and feasibility, not whether or not it would work.
- PM3 Permanent magnet machine - Original project by Felipe Gonzales for a permanent magnet machine. Computer simulations show that it is able to run. This machine is based on theory of TOMI tracks.
- Phase Change Material - Thermal storage for passive heating and cooling applications by utilizing the energy required for a material to change phase between solid and liquid.
- Phoenix Motorcars electric cars - Phoenix Motorcars, headquartered in Ojai, California, is an early leader in the mass production of full function, freeway speed electric automobiles. Entertaining fleet orders.
- Pipe Pressure Power - Systems that capture untapped energy from piping and transform it into electricity. Surplus energy is available within pipes and systems where gases, liquids or solids exert excess pressure.
- Plurion Systems - Zinc/Cerium Redox technology for renewable or grid electrical storage provides the highest power density of any battery on the market. The environmentally benign organic electrolyte is maintenance-free, making it possible to engineer sealed battery modules in the range of 250kW - 5MW, which can be connected to meet larger power requirements.
- Pre-Ignition Catalytic Converter Coming Soon - Better World Technologies presents a catalytic converter replacement that legally pre-treats the fuel for complete combustion, rather than burning what is left over after incomplete combustion. Pre-heating the fuel along a rod turns the fuel into plasma, to burn a wide varieties of fuel efficiently and cleanly.
- Potomac Energy Projects, LLC - Group is pursuing a major research project to develop an electrical generator that only requires liquid nitrogen to operate. Research involves superconductivity, magnetic energy, and flux gates for harnessing Zero Point Energy.
- Power Chips™ Convert Heat to Electricity - Chips use thermionics to convert heat directly into electricity with a Carnot heat pump efficiency of up to 70-80%. This will be one of the first industrial applications of nanotechnology.
- Powercorp - Flywheel systems developer with a background in Wind/Diesel Automation marketing containerized flywheel energy storage and frequency stabilization system.
- PowerPlus by PGT to Increase Power Plant Turbine Efficiency - Retrofit water overspray system for power station gas turbines will allegedly reduce emissions by 40%, while reduces turbine fuel consumption by 25% and increases power generation by 25%.
- Power Technology, Inc.'s Breakthrough Lead Acid Batterty Technology - Patented lead acid battery breakthrough of Power Technology, Inc. claims smaller battery size, less weight, more ampere hour capacity, increased energy density, less lead, more environment friendly, superior recharge capabilities and longer life.
- The Prestige features Nikola Tesla - A must-see film, paints Tesla in a brilliant light, while two rival magicians go at each other. At the end of the film, one is left to wonder if Tesla is still too far ahead of our time, one hundred years later.
- Pulstar Pulse Plugs boost horsepower, torque and fuel economy - PulStar pulse plugs look and fit like traditional spark plugs, but discharge 20,000 x more power, igniting the compressed air/fuel mixture in the cylinder more precisely and completely, producing up to 12% more torque and 20% better fuel economy.
- The Pyramidal Electric Transducer: A DC to RF Converter for the Capture of Atmospheric Electrostatic Energy - A California researcher shows how an antenna, modeled on the Great Pyramid of Giza, can transfer the power of atmospheric electrostatic discharge impulses into a resonant circuit that converts the random impulses into an alternating current as a potential source of renewable electric power.
- Pyramidal Power by Thomas Trawoger - Austrian inventor demonstrates that a fairly simple set-up of a home-made capacitor and two home-made coils, stimulated by a magnet, positioned at the geometric center of a metallic pyramid will produce appreciable amounts of current, enough to run a small fan.
See also Directory:P
- Quantum Aether Dynamics Institute - The Aether Physics Model quantifies quantum structure within an Aether/angular momentum paradigm (as opposed to the mass/energy paradigm of Einstein). It is destined to merge with Quantum Mechanics and provides the means for tapping Zero Point Energy.
- Quasiturbine Engine - This four-chamber Wankel-like engine is capable of burning fuel using photo-detonation, an optimal combustion type. The design can also be used as an air motor, steam engine, gas compressor, hot air engine, or pump.
See also Directory:Q
- Bio-Energetics > Radio Frequency Ablasion - Patented technology by Joel Fallik pre-dates John Kanzius' work, and has a wide range of non-invasive, disease-eliminating applications through the targeting of heat to precise points through the interference patterns of two microwave generators. It is being spurned in the market because it would take the huge profits out of disease.
- Harvesting Rain Power Via Piezoelectric Landing Pads - Scientists from CEA/Leti-Minatec in France have developed a system that recovers the vibration energy from raindrops falling on a piezoelectric structure. The system works with raindrops ranging in diameter from 1 to 5 mm. Simulations show that it's possible to recover up to 12 milliwatts from one of the larger "downpour" drops.
- Ram Implosion Wing - Hyperbolic-like wing affixed to top of a vehicle is alleged to create a vortex ahead of the vehicle and impose a teardrop shape to help propulsion, often doubles the mileage of cars on which it is installed.
- Raymond Cross-Flow-Blower Vertical Axis Wind Turbine - Frank Raymond wishes to pass the baton on his studies to someone else. Tested prototype.
- Rauen Environmental Heat Engine - The Superclassical heat engine of Ken Rauen is designed to be able to tap the heat of the environment for energy generation. It is based upon the experimental evidence of the Proell effect, a macroscopic Maxwell’s Demon.
- NewEarth Clean Coal Makes Coal Plants Renewable and Clean - Company produces a "coal" equivalent from biomass sources. The pellets do not smoke, and produce virtually no pollution, yet have the same BTU content as coal, but at a lower price, ultimately.
- Recuperated Energy - Converting the mechanical energy of road transporation (e.g. off ramps) into electrical energy.
- Refined Global Solutions Inc. - Specializes in filters and additives that increase mileage and fleet performance. Independent laboratory and government laboratory tested.
- Resonant Nuclear Reactor that uses U-238 - Not "free" energy since it uses U-238 as the power source. It radiates, but simple lead shielding stops it just fine.
- Reviews - index of reviews of movies, books, theories, products.
- RevoPower Reinvents the Wheel - Patented RevoPower wheel replaces regular bicycle wheel, to provide relatively quiet, powered riding with approximate economy of 200 mpg, going up to 20 mph, with low emissions.
- Revetec cam-drive engine - The Revetec cam-drive engine uses a pair of counter-rotating scissor cams instead of a crankshaft. The result is three times more torque than a conventional engine, and an overall engine efficiency up to 50% more.
- Rhino Hydro - Ontario Canada company plans to manufacture a 4' X 4' X 7' home electricity generating plant. Estimated cost for 200 amp service unit ~ $8000.00; virtually maintenance free, with just two mechanical parts. Waiting for patents.
- Robert Jackson's Dynamotor Electric Generator - Inventor is willing to let rights to motor go to someone who can help get patent completed by Feb. 25, 2006. Rought prototype in Dallas, TX.
- Ronald Classen's Replication of the Muller Dynamo - With as much work as has gone into this prototype, you would hope that Ron might be into over unity. He's looking for feedback from those who might help him prove and improve what he has.