PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Resource Information About Methanol
- The Methanol Economy - The hydrogen economy -- with its vision of gas-guzzling engines replaced by hydrogen fuel cells that produce water instead of smog and greenhouse gases -- is a big mistake, according to George Olah, winner of the 1994 Nobel Prize in chemistry. (Technology review; March 2, 2006)
Methanol as an Alternative to Hydrogen
Methanol Fuel Cell
- Fuel Cells / Methanol >
Oorja Unveils Micro Fuel Cell That Could Power Your House - The stationary fuel cell industry, including Bloom Energy, has some competition in the form of a methanol fuel cell device from a California-based startup called Oorja Protonics. Oorja’s soon-to-be-unveiled device is much cheaper and can generate 5 kw of energy — enough to power a home or small business. (Inhabitat; March 19, 2010)
- Mobion Fuel Cell Feeds Your Phone for Over 2,700 Hours - MTI Micro’s Mobion fuel cells have broken a new record – the power pack has hit over 2,700 hours of continuous use on a cell phone. They’ve been testing out the fuel cells with intent to demonstrate just how much energy their battery can get over Li-Ion power packs.(EcoGeek; July 15, 2008)
- Methanol: The New Hydrogen - Advances in methanol synthesis, coupled with improved fuel cell technology, could make it a viable alternative to gasoline. (MIT Technology Review; Mar. 27, 2006)
“…methanol is used in the production of additives for gasoline to reduce emissions. http://investor.dresser-rand.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=170955
How Much Corn Has To Be Harvested
“How much fuel can we grow?" …FOR THE PRODUCTION OF ETHANOL. http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html#howmuch
- Cannabis Hemp as a Global Warming Solution - Proponents argue that easily grown and robust Cannabis Hemp is one of the best if not the very best plants overall for fuel, building supplies, medicine, fiber, food, paper, and substitute for wood. Some go so far as to argue that it could be the best solution to global warming.
- “Methanol From Coal Could Fuel Hydrogen Economy"
- “Methanol is the cheapest and most versatile liquid fuel that can be made"
- Renewable & Alternative Fuels
- METHANOL INSTITUTE
- "How Is Methanol Made?"
- METHYL (methanol) ALCOHOL INFORMATION DATA SHEET
- International Chemical Safety Cards
- Methanol Fact Sheet
- Sources of Methanol
- August 2004: Global budget of atmospheric methanol
- EPA has not classified methanol with respect to carcinogenicity.
- METHANOL: A VERSATILE FUEL FOR IMMEDIATE USE
Henry Ford's Use of Methanol and Ethanol
The Alcohols - Ethanol and Methanol
Methanol is Produced in Volcanoes and any hydrothermal sphere
- Scientists believe that methanol comes primarily from natural sources, such as oceans, forests and the decay of organic matter.
“Alternative Energy Sources -''' Myths and Realities'' http://egj.lib.uidaho.edu/egj09/youngqu1.html
Research and Development
- Gas Technologies LLC (GTL) - Converts methane into methanol in a single step with the GasTechno® process, obtaining higher efficiencies through an integrated recycle and an innovative reactor design. (GasTechno; Sept. 1, 2008)
See Discussion page
ALT FUELS (alphabetical sequence)
- Directory:Alternative Fuels
- Directory:Air Cars
- Directory:Algae | Videos:Algae as Fuel
- Directory:Biodiesel | Videos:Biodiesel
- Directory:Biomass > R&D
- Directory:Liquid Nitrogen economy
- Directory:Sorganol Biofuel
- Directory:Biofuel Sources
- Directory:Waste to Energy
- Directory:Water as Fuel