PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
From PESWiki<< An X Prize Contender >>
Phoenix Motorcars, headquartered in Ojai, California, is an early leader in the mass production of full function, freeway speed electric automobiles. Entertaining fleet orders.
About Phoenix Motorcars
According to http://18.104.22.168/about.htm
Phoenix Motorcars is a small entrepreneurial company dedicated to manufacturing emission free automobiles and trucks.
Phoenix Motorcars, established in 2001, has completed proof of concept prototyping as well as production prototyping and is currently in pilot production of emission free vehicles.
Phoenix Motorcars' expanding production capability has attracted substantial fleet interest from industry and federal, state, and local governmental agencies.
In the News
- Rapid-Charging Electric SUV - Phoenix Motorcars recently demonstrated their plug-in electric SUV that will go on sale in 2008, based on the Korean Ssangyong Actyon. The SUV uses AltairNano's fast-charge lithium-ion battery technology, with possible future "rapid charge stations." The vehicle has a top speed of about 100 miles per hour, and its range is about 250 miles. (MetaEfficient)
- Phoenix EV Truck Has a Lot to Offer - Using lithium ion batteries, Phoenix has developed two normal-looking, normal-sized electric vehicles that they plan on releasing sometime in 2007. Pheonix's 120 mile range vehicles will be available soon and later a 250 mile range version. They plan on producing at least 500 SUT's in 2007. (TreeHugger; December 26, 2006)
- Analyst Upgrades Altair Nano to "Buy" (MSN Money; Sep 28, 2006)
- Electric SUV Is Highway Ready (Wired Blogs; Sep 26, 2006)
- UQM Technologies Propulsion System Powers Electric SUV at Zero ... (Autochannel (press release); Sep 26, 2006)
- Aloha Toy Store - Electric Car Rental Company on Maui, Hawaii, will rent the Phoenix - Available in 2007 on Maui!
- Boshart Tersus - Looks like the Phoenix SUT, built from the same Ssanyong body, but this one is an NEV.
410 G Bryant Circle
Ojai, CA 93023
See Discussion page
- Electric Trucks - Electric trucks and utility vehicles.