PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and Facilitating the Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies
A directory of technologies and resourses relating to solar thermal energy.
- Solar Thermal Panels - Flat bed or Evacuated Tubes - Which is better? That depends.
- Solar collector development history -1-page PDF from Surface Power in Ireland.
- Webinar on Compact Energy Storage - An overview was given of three light sensor classes of compact thermal energy storage: phase change material, sorption and thermochemical storage. The principles of the technologies were explained, examples of their applications given and the research and development challenges described that are needed for their respective routes to the markets. 1 hour. (Jan. 23, 2009)
- Intersolar 2008 Part 1 and 2 - Shows pictures of the construction, the first day and technical innovations in photovoltaics at the Intersolar 2008. Part 2 focusses on the solar thermal industry, shows the progress of the Intersolar 2008 and the Intersolar AWARD ceremony.
- Solar Thermal Energy: Harnessing the Power of the Sun The video shows the use of solar thermal energy for heating in Europe. Examples from Denmark and Spain show the use in different climates. Interviews with users and manufacturers give a good overview of this clean energy technology. The video is provided for free by the Sustainable Energy Europe Campaign of the European Union. (YouTube; January 22, 2008)
- - - -
- Side by side testing of eight solar water heating systems How this DTI funded report on solar panels performance highlighted the need for zero carbon solar thermal systems because the operational carbon clawback exceeded 20% for some makes of solar panel. There was one zero carbon solar panel, Solartwin, whose design innovations were validated by the study. Solar energy is not negated by "parasitics" by the best solar panel designs.. (YouTube; September 21, 2007)
- - - -
- Apricus Solar Evacuated Tube Production & Packing Video providing overview of the evacuated tube production and packing. (Turn off the "music".) (YouTube; May 31, 2007)
- - - -
- Featured: Solar > Thermal > Home >
A Tour of David W. Allan's Solar Home that Uses 10 Solar Principles - Located in the cooler central Utah climate at 6,000 foot elevation, the Allan's solar home integrates at least ten different forms of solar, including: trombe wall, solarium convection, photovoltaic cells, propylene-glycol heat exchange, eutectic salt chamber, berm insulation, black chimneys and under-ground intake for passive solar air conditioning, and dehydration of food. (PESN; June 24, 2012)
- Featured: Storage > Hydrogen >H Storage / Solar > Concentrated > Thermal > SHEC >
NEST Lines up Grid-Parity Solar - The first success story of the New Energy Systems Trust (NEST) seems to have already commenced with us lining up a breakthrough grid-parity solar company with an order for 4500 one-megawatt systems in India. SHEC Labs is a likely vendor of the biomass-to-H technology, if not using their solar thermal storage breakthrough. (PESN; May 9, 2012)
- Clean Coal >
Mixing Solar with Coal to Cut Costs - The project by Abengoa Solar and Colorado's largest utility, Xcel Energy, will involve building an array of parabolic mirrors designed to concentrate heat from the sun, and use that heat to help make the steam that drives the coal plant's turbines and generators, making electricity, cutting the cost of solar and reducing plant emissions. (MIT Technology Review; Sept. 4, 2009)
- Solar > Concentrated / PV >
Entech Solar energy hybrid has hopes for bright future - Entech Solar's next-generation concentrating solar prototype, ThermaVolt II, combines concentrating photovoltaic and thermal (CPVT) technology. The company says its product delivers four to five times the amount of energy compared to traditional photovoltaic systems and costs less to produce. (GizMag; August 14, 2009)
- Alpha Thermal Systems - North American Plug & Play Commercial and Residential Solar Heating Systems, utilizing German technology (PAW, Resol, ZUWA). Online Monitoring.
- Apricus - Evacuated Tube technology.
- Solar Pool Covers
- Apricus Down Under
- Infinite Solar Inc. - Renewable energy training school, offers IREC accredited solar training classes & certifications in Solar PV Installation, Solar Thermal Installation, and Solar Sales Training.
- Pretasol - Solar Thermal Leasing in Spain. Pretasol is a new company that is accelerating the adoption of solar thermal products for homeowners and business's by offering the option to lease the equipment thus avoiding the initial high costs.
- Solar for Dark Climates - Cool Energy, a startup based in Boulder, CO, USA, is developing a vending machine business system that produces heat and electricity from the sun. It could help make solar energy competitive with conventional sources of energy in relatively dark and cold climates, such as the northern half of the United States and countries such as Canada and Germany. (MIT Technology Review; July 08, 2009)
- Heliodyne - Flat Plate technology.
- Solarnetix - Toronto-based Distributor and Retailer for PAW "Plug and Play" Solar Heating Systems. Online system monitoring.
- Solar >
Sunrain defies economic crisis - Despite the global economic crisis, the Chinese vacuum tube collector manufacturer Jiangsu SunRain Solar Water Heater Manufacture Co. LTD grew by 74% last year and presently employs around 2000 people. (Solar Thermal World; Jan. 26, 2009)
- Surface Power - 2-page PDF. Certified hot water system kits for Europe.
- Solar Thermal / Building / ZPE / Methane >
A few free energy developments in Romania - A Russian news agency reports on several interesting systems being developed, including an efficient solar water heating design, a composite building materials having strength and a high R value, a magnetic fertilizer, and a system that allegedly loads methane molecules with the vacuum zero point energy increasing the methane’s heating power by 40 percent. (Financiarul; Oct. 30, 2009)
- commercial solar panels serve to protect the water in your pool.
- solar pool covers - serve to heat the water in your pool, while saving you money on a heater.
- A E Solar Systems Solar Panels - Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) approved installers of solar panels systems for the home in the UK. Providing advice, consultations and solar thermal installations.
- Infinite Solar Inc. - Infinite Solar Inc. is the premier solar training and continuing education provider on the East Coast, offering IREC accredited solar panel installation training, solar thermal training, solar sales training, NABCEP exam prep course, custom corporate and online solar training.
- DIY / Solar > Thermal >
Cansolair Provides Solar Heating With Pop Cans - Hank notes that the Canadian company Cansolair has developed a technology that utilizes panels composed of recycled aluminum pop (soda) cans, that absorb solar radiation to provide heating for a home. This technology is affordable and easy to replicate. (YouTube / MartineBlue; February 20, 2008)
Research and Development
- Featured: Solar > Concentrated / Thermal >
IBM / Bruno Michel's HCPVT solar collectors magnify sun 2000x to create electricity and heat - An inventor with IBM has come up with a concentrated solar technology that both creates electricity and generates heat, for a combined collector efficiency of 80%. Airlight Energy is planning to sell some Solar Sunflowers to early adopters in 2016, and then ramp up to full commercial manufacturing capacity in 2017. (PESWiki; September 7, 2015)
- Solar > Thermal >
Making a Near Perfect Solar Absorber - New system from MIT aims to harness the full spectrum of available solar radiation using an affordable process. (Free Energy Blog; October 2, 2014)
- Top 100: Solar > Thermal / Thermal Electric > Johnson Electro Mechanical Systems >
Super Soaker Inventor Doubles Solar Power Efficiency - Lonnie Johnson's latest JTEC prototype, which looks like a desktop model for a next-generation moonshine still, features two fuel-cell-like stacks filled with hydrogen gas and connected by steel tubes with round pressure gauges. The JTEC uses heat (from the sun, for instance) to expand hydrogen atoms in one stack.... (Inhabitat; Oct. 19, 2010)
- http://www.solarthermalworld.org/calender - Calendar of Events around the world
- Solar Thermal World - This unique website forms a worldwide forum for experts on solar thermal technology and those interested in the development of the market, it is hosted by the Global Solar Thermal Energy Council (GSTEC), a collaborative platform between industry, research institutions and NGOs.
- Energy Directive adopted by European Parliament - 107-page PDF For the first time, heating and cooling is covered by an European Directive. (Global Solar Thermal Energy Council; Jan. 5, 2009)
In the News
- Fair Season in China: Three Major Trends - Paying a visit to these domestic solar regional trade fairs will give you an outlook on the technology trends of China's giant solar thermal industry. The three major ones are: full-glass heat pipe vacuum tubes, tubes with inner silvering for concentration, and balcony collector modules. (Solar Thermal World; March 9, 2009)
- Solar Thermal Energy in the Antarctic - Surviving in harsh climate: This vacuum tube collector system has heated the Brandfield House at the Rothera research station in the Antartic since February 2008. (Global Solar Thermal Energy Council'; Feb. 23, 2009)
- Steam and Cooling: no Problem for a Solar Thermal System - Thirty-eight Abengoa parabolic trough collectors are currently being installed gradually on the roof of the Steinway factory building. “We need a temperature of 200 °C to run a double-effect direct gas fired adsorption chiller for dehumidification in the summer time,” explains Rigos. “In the winter the steam is used to produce low pressure steam for heating and production purposes via a heat exchanger.” (Solar Thermal World; Feb. 16, 2009)
- Events >
4th European Solar Thermal Energy Conference and Intersolar 2009, Munich - The 4th European Solar Thermal Energy Conference, one of the largest global conferences dedicated to solar thermal energy, will be held on 25 and 26 May 2009 in Munich. It will be followed the next to days by Intersolar 2009, the world´s largest solar technology trade fair.
See Discussion page
- Directory:Solar - index of resources
- News:Solar (current) | 2010 | 2009 | 2006-2008
- PowerPedia:Solar Energy - Encyclopedic review of history and future
- Directory:Solar Energy Research and Development
- Directory:Solar Problems
- Directory:Concentrated Solar Power
- Directory:Solar Infrared Harvesting
- Directory:Solar PhotoVoltaics
- Directory:Solar Thermal
- Directory:Home Generation:Solar Heating
- Directory:Thin Film Solar
- Directory:Solar:Photosynthesis Imitation
- Directory:Solar Paint
- Directory:Dye Solar Cells
- Directory:Solar Tower
- Directory:Floating Solar Chimney
- Directory:Space Based Solar Power
- Directory:Solar Sails
- Directory:Solar Windows
- Directory:Plastic Solar Cells
- Directory:Silicon - more efficient uses, alternatives, methods
- Directory:Black Silicon
- Directory:Synchronous Solar Heliostat
- Directory:Solar:Installation and Consultation
- Directory:Solar Applications
- Directory:Solar Hydrogen
- Directory:Walipini Underground Greenhouses
- OS:Solar Ethanol - distiller design
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
- Directory:Solar Pavement - black-body absorption of the asphalt