PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and Facilitating the Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies
- See also Directory:Water Purification
Directory of technologies and resources pertaining to water filtration, especially as powered by renewable energy sources.
- http://www.CulliganWater.com - Culligan Water is a leading supplier of money-saving total home water filtration systems. Microprocessors and Culligan’s patented Quadra Hull® technology reduce salt and water usage, saving the consumer money over time. Culligan systems are also certified by the Water Quality Association and have been featured as a Consumers Digest Best Buy.
- http://www.AquaSana.com - Healthy water products, including drinking, shower, bottles, and whole house water filters; as well as replacement cartridges and other accessories. They've got an awesome customer service phone number: 1-888-No-bottle.
- http://www.WaterProfessionals.com - WaterProfessionals® offers a comprehensive suite of industrial water treatment, water purification, water filtration and water softening services for industrial, governmental and commercial businesses. From feedwater pre-treatment to wastewater treatment, we have the technology and expertise you need.
- Water > Filtration / Purification >
Sterilizing Water in Only Two Minutes with UV Light - After dirty water fills the outer chamber of the bottle, the inner chamber plunges through the outer chamber filtering the water. After the water is free from sediment, it is further sterilized for 90 seconds using a wind-up ultraviolet bulb. Won the James Dyson Award. (Inhabitat; Aug. 4, 2010)
- Nanotech / Water > Purification / Filtration >
Michael Pritchard's water filter turns filthy water drinkable - With cutting-edge nanotech, Michael Pritchard's Lifesaver water-purification bottle, which can make the most revolting water drinkable in seconds, could revolutionize water-delivery systems in disaster-stricken areas around the globe. (TED Talks; July 2009) [Available from Amazon.com.]
- Ceramic Water Filters Win IWA Award for Cambodia - The International Water Association (IWA) awarded UNICEF and the Water and Sanitation Program with the 2008 Project Innovation Award Grand Prize for providing Cambodia with ceramic water filters. These water purification devices are made and distributed by Cambodian nationals, and have resulted in a 50 percent drop in diarrheal illnesses in the region since their implementation in 2002. (Inhabitat; March 9, 2009)
- Electrolysis >
'Boydel’s way better waste treatment - After 10 years of brainstorming, fabricating, testing and tinkering, Boydel Wastewater Technologies has a portable waste water treatment plant based on electrolysis they are confident could revolutionize municipal and industrial waste treatment. (LadySmith Chronicle; March 3, 2009)
- New technology for portable wastewater treatment unveiled - Nicknamed “DAAB” (Deployable Aqueous Aerobic Bioreactor), this new self-sustaining, portable, and “smart” wastewater treatment system offers a solution to wastewater treatment. The system is able to convert wastewater to EPA acceptable standards within 24-48 hours and being housed in a 40-foot-long shipping container makes it completely portable. (Gizmag; Nov. 16, 2008)
- LIFESAVER: World’s First Ultra Filtration Water Bottle - Lifesaver can filter out bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi and all other microbiological waterborne pathogens. Fill it with water by unscrewing the base and dipping it in the nearest puddle or stream, screw the base back and use the pump to force the water through to a teat at the other end. (Inhabitant; May 29, 2008)
- PARC Develops Low-Energy, Membrane-Free Water Filtration Technology - A spiral concentrator developed at PARC, is a 50 cm long, 1 mm in diameter piece of plastic tubing that separates particles as small as 1 micron in size by centrifugal force. (Treehugger; May 18, 2008)
- Human Powered > Aquaduct Mobile Filtration Vehicle Wins Google's Innovate or Die Contest - Designed for third world applications, the vehicle combines the work of pedaling a bike with the work of transporting and filtering water. Mobile pedaling option possible with simple clutch. Will this western idea prove plausible where it was intended? (PESWiki; Jan. 19, 2008)
- LifeStraw - Portable water purification tool cleanses surface water and makes it safe for human consumption using a halogen-based resin to kill bacteria, textile pre-filters to remove particles and active carbon to withhold parasites.
- Converting Tailpipes into Water Fountains - Modified military Humvees, now in testing, turn diesel exhaust into fresh drinking water for soldiers. At the core is a heavy-duty carbon filter bed, engineered by LexCarb, that filters toxins from the exhaust stream. (Popular Science: Jan. 2006)
- 'ESP Water Filter Products - There are multiple technologies currently used in stationary and portable water treatment, whether for home/office use or for camping. Some are common and some are new. Each is used to address a specific contaminant or water problem.
- Make A Water Filter From Old Tires - Crumb rubber, chewed up old tires, is used on athletic tracks, playgrounds, and increasingly as an alternative to mulch. Now, Dr. Yuefeng Xie, associate professor of environmental engineering at Penn State Harrisburg, has found crumb rubber makes an excellent water filter. The rubber keeps the large particles out on top, and thus creates a much higher throughput. (TreeHugger; Nov. 21, 2006)
- Clean Water with Nanofilters - Water can pass, while bacteria and viruses are blocked. Filters sturdy enough to be cleaned repeatedly, sterilized, autoclaved. (MIT Technology Review; Nov. 2004)
- 'Spin Clean Filtration - SpinClean is an extremely flexible depth filter technology which is versatile in its application. The filter technology is modular and comes in 4 basic sizes to cater with flows from 2m3/hr upwards with filtration from 10 -100 micron.
Suppliers / Retailers
- 'Commercial Water Filters - Billi's latest water systems feature advanced eco-technology and more safety, convenience and elegance than ever before.
- Featured: Water / Pollution / Recycling >
The Cycle of Insanity: The Real Story of Water - The Surfrider Foundation has produced an excellent 20-minute video (2-min. trailer) explaining the insanity behind how we've come to handle water in modern society. It addresses such things as our concrete and pavement preventing aquifers from being replenished; and how we spend so much money transporting water great distances when we could do more to conserve and recycle it close to the point of use. (PESWiki; April 10, 2010)
- Directory:Water from Air
- Directory:Water Filtration
- Directory:Water Purification
- Review: Tapped
ENERGY FROM THE MOVEMENT OF WATER
WATER AS FUEL
- Directory:Water as Fuel | PowerPedia:Water as fuel
- PowerPedia:Water gas
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Hydrogen from Water
- OS:Water Fuel Cell
- Directory:Water-Powered Batteries
OTHER ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES INVOLVING WATER
- Directory:Mixing Sea and River Water
- Directory:Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion
- Directory:Deep Lake Water Cooling
- Directory:Energy from Sewage