PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Water from Air
Methods of extracting water from air.
Do It Yourself
- DIY > Water > from Air >
How To Extract Water From Thin Air — Without Power - One of the most precious things to become scarce in a crisis or emergency is water. Fortunately, there are ways to extract water from air that do not require power, including: Transpiration bag placed around leafy plants; Below-ground still; Glass or plastic dome over vegitation. Also includes instructions for a rudimentary filter. (PureEnergyBlog; March 10, 2013)
- Wind >
Windmill turns air into water (video) - A system designed by the French company, Eole Tech, uses wind energy to condense water from air. It's still too expensive to be practical for most areas, but may be feasible in some extreme situations. (Yahoo; Aug. 8, 2009)
- The AIR-igator draws water from the air for thirsty gardens - The AIR-igator collects condensate from air conditioners, storing it and then automatically drip-watering. So, the hotter it gets, the more water your garden gets. A fairly efficient three-ton central air conditioning unit will produce as many as 15 gallons of water a day. (GizMag; June 29, 2009)
- Air to H2O - Australian company provides information and equipment to convert Air to purified and dehumidified Air, filtering out contamination and pollutants.
- Extracting Water from the Air - Dehumidifier technology by AirWaterCorp, includes a solar-powered version. Water is sterilized by UV, reinforced by carbon filter. (GizMag)
- Aqua Sciences - Atmospheric water extraction machines for disaster sites, urban, rural and isolated communities to capture, purify and dispense water of superior quality on demand. They can provide between 350-1,200 gallons of water per day with a price of approximately $0.25 per gallon.
- Wataire Industries - The Atmospheric Water Generator creates pure, filtered drinking water from the moisture in the air while simultaneously purifying the air. It is about the size of a household water cooler and will create up to eight gallons of drinking water a day for less than $0.15 per gallon.
- Max Whisson's Gust Water Trap Apparatus - The Whisson vertical windmill cools the air passing through the whirling blades. As it does so, a proprietary process collects condensate, yielding fresh water from the air.
- WatAir - Making water from thin air - Two Israeli architects have devised a low-tech way to turn dew into fresh, usable water. Inspired by the dew-collecting properties of leaves, a 315 square foot unit can extract a minimum of 48 liters of fresh water from the air each day, with no expenditure of electricity. (NewsWise; June 1, 2007)
- XDOBS Renewable Cooling and Water from Air - The XDOBS night radiant condensation system is a water-from-air extraction system and air conditioner that does not use any external electricity or fuel. The company is entertaining licensing agreements.
these listings need titles and descriptions
- Directory:Water from Air
- Directory:Water Filtration
- Directory:Water Purification
- Review: Tapped
ENERGY FROM THE MOVEMENT OF WATER
WATER AS FUEL
- Directory:Water as Fuel | PowerPedia:Water as fuel
- PowerPedia:Water gas
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Hydrogen from Water
- OS:Water Fuel Cell
- Directory:Water-Powered Batteries
OTHER ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES INVOLVING WATER
- Directory:Mixing Sea and River Water
- Directory:Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion
- Directory:Deep Lake Water Cooling
- Directory:Energy from Sewage