PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory of technologies and resources pertaining to the augmentation of wind energy technology.
- Donut-Shaped Plastic Improves Turbine Output By 30% - Leviathan Energy has come up with a way to improve wind turbine efficiency that has nothing to do with the size or angle of the blades. The company's Wind Energizer is instead a donut-shaped structure made of plastic and steel that wraps around the base of the turbine to maximize wind velocity aimed at the blades. (EcoGeek; May 1, 2009)
- Humpback flipper may be the key to better wind turbines - WhalePower Corp features a blade design that mimics the aerodynamically efficient design of a humpback whale’s flipper, allowing a turbine to capture more of the wind's energy, and at much lower speeds.
- News:Wind | 2010 | 2009 | 2008
- PowerPedia:Wind power | PowerPedia:Wind Turbine
- Directory:Wind:Past Developments
- Directory:Wind:Offshore | PowerPedia:Offshore Wind Power Drawbacks
- Directory:Wind Farms | PowerPedia:Windfarms
- Directory:High-Efficiency Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines
- Directory:Home Generation:Wind Turbine
- Directory:Vertical Axis Wind Turbines
- Directory:High Altitude Wind Power
- Directory:Wind Augmentation
- Directory:Power Via Atmospheric Pressure Differences