PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
"Latest" Archive: May - August 2006
August 29, 2006
- Heat Exchangers > SHPEGS - Solar Heat Pump Electrical Generation System - Passive solar collection exploiting the differences between air temperature and a large underground "heat sink". The system uses the idea of a solar tower, but causes the convection to occur in both directions depending on the ambient air temperature relative to the sub-terrain. The system generates electricity in both the heat transfer and the air convection created by the air temperature change.
August 26, 2006
- The End of Suburbia: Oil Depletion and the End of the American Dream - Using the notion of "peak oil" as its underlying assumption, this documentary builds a case for suggesting that the suburban lifestyle is unsustainable. What happens when oil becomes unattainable in a society built on an oil assumption?
August 25, 2006
- Theoretical Physics for Steorn's Free Energy Challenge - Tom Bearden presents some theoretical physics explanations that could support the recent revolutionary announcement of a free energy device by the Irish company Steorn, who claim to have an all-magnet motor.
August 22, 2006
- HydroStar Electrolysis Conversion Kit - Plans being sold for installing what is essentially a Brown's gas unit on car, to run H/O mixture into air intake, enhancing fuel combustion for mileage enhancement. Questionable dealer site claims and wording, data lacking.
August 21, 2006
- Honda patents exhaust-heat-to-energy process - Honda has received a patent on an exhaust heat exchanger that harnesses the heat energy from the exhaust through a thermal exchange, which can then be converted into electrical energy through a thermal electric process or to drive a turbine/generator.
August 18, 2006
- The Corporation - Exceptionally well-done documentary film looks at the rise of the corporate body having the legal status of a person -- yet without conscience, greed-driven, raping the planet for profit -- but which is now beginning to gain moral fiber, to turn around and then reverse the damage it has inflicted on the biosphere.
August 17, 2006
- Steorn Free Energy Challenge - In process of researching more efficient micro generators, Irish company developed a system that produced more energy than it consumes. Issued a challenge to the world scientific community today to validate and publish test results.
August 16, 2006
- Flycycle: human-powered aircraft test pending - Canadian project objective is to build a practical human-powered aircraft. Their first prototype is nearly completed; testing is pending shortly. Presently a do-it-yourself project, complete with instructions.
August 15, 2006
- Earth Batteries - Almost any liquid or moist object that has enough ions to be electrically conductive can serve as the electrolyte for a cell; but they are of no real practical use, because they produce far less current—and cost far more per unit of energy generated—than commercial cells.
August 14, 2006
- Air Cars > Engineair’s Ultra-Efficient Rotary Compressed-Air Motor - Elegant minimalist design eliminates most of the working parts traditionally associated with internal combustion engine; offers close to 100% energy efficiency for a variety of transport and stationary applications.
August 12, 2006
- John Ernst Worrell Keely - Inventor from Philadelphia who invented the "Keely Motor", an induction resonance motion motor which used "etheric technology", and discoverer of Sympathetic Vibratory Physics.
August 11, 2006
- Zeolite - Porous crystalline solids used as a catalyst for efficient fuel processing, environmentally friendly air conditioning, green energy storage, waste filtering and emissions reduction.
August 9, 2006
- Charming Coal from Biomass via Hydrothermal Carbonization - Process discovered at the Max-Planck Institute enables the conversion of biomass, without detours and complicated intermediate steps, completely into carbon and water.
August 8, 2006
- Biefeld-Brown effect - The Biefeld–Brown effect is an effect that was discovered by Directory:Thomas Townsend Brown (USA) and Dr. Paul Alfred Biefeld (Switzerland). The effect is more widely referred to as electrohydrodynamics (EHD) or sometimes electro-fluid-dynamics, a counterpart to the well-known magneto-hydrodynamics. Small models lifted by this effect are sometimes called 'lifters'.
August 6, 2006
- Tesla Society - An index of the various Tesla Societies worldwide, including new Utah group; with invitation to start your own local group for social mingling with others who are interested in cutting-edge, clean energy technologies in the tradition of Nikola Tesla.
August 5, 2006
- 'Free Energy' Videos - Index page of free access videos at Google Video, YouTube, and other places, that have to do with various cutting-edge, clean energy technologies, by inventors such as Tesla, Schauberger, Keely, and many others.
August 4, 2006
- Venture Capital Funds Investing in New Energy - A listing of most VC’s and angel groups that are investing in alternative energy. At the last big VC conference (Summer 2006), about 18% of funds said they were looking into alt energy.
August 2, 2006
- High-Efficiency Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines - Some new wind turbine designs claim to exceed the Betz law theoretical maximum of 59% efficiency, with projected energy costs at or below grid rates.
- Updated > Far Infrared Radiation (FIR) energy extraction methods at room temperature - Basic introduction on the science of how all matter radiates electromagnetic waves in the far infrared region; e.g., ~450 watts per square meter -- aka T-rays (THz rays). Includes very basic experiment to verify this well known and understood science.
August 1, 2006
- Hydrogen from Water using Boron - Chemical process allows for rapid liberation of hydrogen from water. The resulting boron oxide can then be regenerated to boron using renewable energy. Does require distribution infrastructure.
July 25, 2006
- Phase Change Material - Thermal storage for passive heating and cooling applications by utilizing the energy required for a material to change phase between solid and liquid.
July 24, 2006
- O'Conner Hush Energy Turbine - Arthur O'Conner of Australia has international patents on a wind turbine design that is very quiet, can operate a low speeds while tolerating high wind speeds, with a price tag that makes energy generation comparable to grid energy cost for residential and commercial applications.
- Ice-chiller Cooling - Systems that make ice during low-electricity-usage times, such as at night, then use the ice to cool the facility during the day.
July 23, 2006
- BiosFuel runs motorcycle on water - Does not use electrolysis, but apparently burns the treated water directly, with no petrol involved. Video link from Oct. 13, 2005 Sixty-Minutes interview.
July 21, 2006
- XPower Energy Saver - Supplies reactive power locally at the load by the use of specially designed capacitors. Can help save up 25% on electricity.
- Vanadium Redox Batteries - Low cost, low environmental impact battery that has a superior deep cycling life and can be mechanically refueled in minutes. Suitable for green energy storage, backup power, electric vehicles and utility load leveling / peak shaving.
July 20, 2006
- RevoPower Reinvents the Wheel - Patented RevoPower wheel replaces regular bicycle wheel, to provide relatively quiet, powered riding with approximate economy of 200 mpg, going up to 20 mph, with low emissions.
July 19, 2006
- Hilden-Brand Electromagnet Motor - Jack Hilden-Brand recently measured around 2x over-unity in his electromagnetic motor design, which closely resembles the Joseph Flynn parallel path concept.
July 18, 2006
- Darrell Vandusen's Gravity Motor - Ontario man has built a machine that he believes will harness gravity to provide output energy. Photos posted; video available under NDA, shows rotation.
- Active Building Envelope system provides heating and cooling - The ABE system being developed by Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute accomplishes the jobs of both cooling and heating, yet operates silently with no moving parts, using a thin-film technology that adheres both solar cells and heat pumps onto surfaces.
July 17, 2006
- PowerPlus by PGT to Increase Power Plant Turbine Efficiency - Retrofit water overspray system for power station gas turbines will allegedly reduce emissions by 40%, while reduces turbine fuel consumption by 25% and increases power generation by 25%.
July 16, 2006
- MagLev Wind Power Generator Unveiled in China -
World's firstpermanent magnetic levitation wind power generator is expected to boost generation capacity by as much as 20% over traditional wind turbines, dropping operational costs by as much as 50%.
July 14, 2006
- Cavitation Heaters - Claimed to heat fuids with greater efficiency than other methods. Some claim more energy output than input. The most common method used is to rotate a cylinder inside the fluid to produce bubbles, which generate heat as they collapse.
July 13, 2006
- Nikola Tesla's Pierce Arrow - Did Nikola Tesla really run a touring sedan on free energy in the Summer of 1931? A 12 x 24 x 6 inch black box, with a 1.8-meter antenna allegedly powered the car.
- Testatika Electromagnetic Generator (updated) - Includes an inductance circuit, a capacitance circuit, and a thermionic rectification valve. Alleged free energy machine harnesses energy from the aether. Also known as the Swiss M-L converter or Thesta-Distatica. (updated)
July 12, 2006
- Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room (2005) - A must-watch movie for our generation. Especially interesting to those of us in the energy field inasmuch as part of the fraud included playing with California's energy supply for nearly a year.
July 11, 2006
- Converting Abandoned Oil Wells to Geothermal Plants - Drilling costs have made many geothermal projects uneconomical. A solution is found in the fact that among the over one million abandoned oil and gas wells around the world, many contain hot water that can be used to generate electricity or hydraulic power.
July 10, 2006
- Matteran Energy produces electricity and refrigeration from near ambient heat - An experimental small scale power plant is producing electricity and refrigeration temperatures fueled simply by the heat in warm water - typically 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
July 9, 2006
- Bedraggled fuel pill company peeps - After more than a month of silence, word is received from BioPeformance headquarters assuring the once ~50,000 distributors that the fuel additive company is preparing a defense and is dedicated to long term success.
July 8, 2006
- G.M. is green in China with small, thrifty vans - Mass-produced Wuling Sunshine delivers 43 mpg in China, having a quarter the horsepower of American minivans, weak acceleration and a top speed of 81 miles an hour.
July 6, 2006
- Biodiesel from Algae Oil - Advantages include rapid growth rates, a high per-acre yield, and algae biofuel contains no sulfur, is non-toxic, and is highly biodegradable. Some species of algae are ideally suited to biodiesel production due to their high oil content--in excess of 50%.
July 5, 2006
- Solar Pavement - Featuring the general concept of pumping water through pipes in pavement to use the black-body absorption of the asphalt to collect solar heat and transmit it to the water.
July 2, 2006
- AquaBuOY based on long-proven technology - The AquaBuOY technology, which has been independently evaluated and found commercially viable, has potential to generate electricity at a cost that is competitive with onshore and offshore wind farms and some fossil fuels, in the near to mid-term.
June 28, 2006
- DayStar Technologies' Silicon-Free Solar Cells - Daystar's unique metal foil design is not vulnerable to silicon shortages. Striving to "make free energy affordable", production of this thin film design is being ramped up to 20 MW per year.
June 25, 2006
- Meerut Graviational Energy Claim - Three students in India present a new concept for energy generation, using gravity, Archimedes principle of floating, and magnetic force.
June 24, 2006
- Directory:Black_Silicon - Silicon surfaces rendered black by pits and bumps only nanometers large could in the future help make solar power cells more efficient, enabling a more complete absorption of the sun's rays.
June 16, 2006
- A New Foundation for Physics, by Quantum Aether Dynamics Institute - The Aether Physics Model quantifies quantum structure within an Aether/angular momentum paradigm (as opposed to the mass/energy paradigm of Einstein). It is destined to merge with Quantum Mechanics and provides the means for tapping Zero Point Energy.
June 15, 2006
- Scuderi Split-Cycle Air Hybrid Engine - Claims potential to double fuel efficiency for same size engine, while reducing the manufacturing price by 50%. Because it very similar to existing ICE technology, existing manufacturing infrastructure can be used for rapid deployment. Presently licensing to qualified manufacturing interests.
June 14, 2006
- Tidal and River Turbine by University of Southampton - The University of Southampton's minimalist design significantly reduces the number of moving parts, and is fully assembled prior to installation, reducing costs. Estimates five years to commercialization.
June 12, 2006
- Directory of Grand Unified Theories - Features scientific theories that attempt to explain the nature of physical reality, from the smallest particle to the form of the universe.
- Tesla Motors Inc. Nears Launch of First Vehicle - Tesla Roadster is 100% electric, not hybrid. Four wheel drive (in-wheel motors) make it faster than most sports cars; and it has a 250+ mile range. Major VC backed ($40 million) company will be showing off the car July 12 in Santa Monica.
- Sully Direct Current - In process of discovering new ways to do electrolysis, inventor John Timothy Sullivan derived a new current type: not DC, not AC but SDC -- Sully Direct Current.
June 11, 2006
- Peter Stevens -- profile page - List of inventions, links to his work with the Joe cell.
- Specific Energy Suppression Cases - Directory page of specific instances of energy technologies, inventors, and groups being suppressed. 38-plus instances compiled by New Energy Congress member, Gary Vesperman.
June 10, 2006
- Nanotube Super Capacitor Battery - MIT researchers are developing a battery based on capacitors that utilize nanotubes for high surface area, enabling near instantaneous charging and no degradation. Estimating ~5 years to commercialization.
June 9, 2006
- Power-Generating Shock Absorber - The Power-Generating Shock Absorber (PGSA) converts kinetic energy into electricity through the use of a Linear Motion Electromagnetic System.
June 6, 2006
- Recuperated Energy - Converting the mechanical energy of road transporation (e.g. off ramps) into electrical energy. (http://bbpair.com)
June 5, 2006
- Total Spectrum Solar Concentrator - First concentrates the solar energy via parabolic reflectors, then splits the light through a prism to focus the wavelengths onto solar collectors optimized for a given spectrum. Concept is public domain.
June 1, 2006
- Directory:Electric_Vehicles - The fuel cost for an electric car is one quarter that of a gasoline car. Lithium batteries extend the range and top speed. Choose from several new models or convert a conventional car into an electric car.
May 31, 2006
- Translation > University of New York distinguishes Argentine scientist - Argentine scientist Walter Torbay was distinguished by the University of New York by his discovery of the Magnetic Transgenerador, a device that through magnetism alone can generate 1,930 watts. (TerritorioDigital; May 21, 2006)
May 30, 2006
- MagneGas Plasma Arc Flow Reactors - MagneGas Technology has been developed to process liquid wastes into a clean burning fuel known as magnegas, plus heat and other usable byproducts, said processing occurring without noise, liquid, gaseous or other pollutions. New discoveries of science involved.
May 29, 2006
- Russians Harness Star Power in New Battery - Russian scientists from the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research have invented a battery based on a new substance that allegedly can capture energy not only from the sun, but also from the stars.
May 28, 2006
- Resources for Energy Researchers to Heal from Sex-related Addictions - Pornography etc. scavenges productivity, wrecks marriages, shatters trust, violates the innocent. A how-to page explains how sex addiction arises and how to completely heal from it.
May 27, 2006
- January - April 2006 Archive of PESWiki Latest - Significant page additions at the publicly editable website hosted by PES Network, Inc.
May 26, 2006
- Directory:Solar Hydrogen Energy Corporation (SHEC) Labs (separate page) - has developed a process that will convert landfill and other waste methane into clean hydrogen, using the power of the Sun for the reformation, at a price comparable to traditional hydrogen production methods.
May 24, 2006
- Green Diesel Injector system increases power and torque - Award-winning invention is a pump-less, hydraulically operated, super high-pressure diesel injector system that allegedly results in 30% higher power, 30% less fuel consumption and a dramatic reduction in pollution.
May 23, 2006
- Stanley Meyer - Developed super-efficient electrolysis process said to produce 700% more energy than it consumes without raising the temperature of the water. Murdered.
May 22, 2006
- Perendev Magnet Motor Patent Application - PCT international patent application (not award) for "Permanent Magnet Machine" by Mike Brady May 4, 2006. Consists of magnets repelling magnets as the only motive force.
May 20, 2006
- VortexValve Fuel Economy Add-on - Low-cost device modifies the way air enters an engine, increasing the efficiency of the burn, which increases mileage (between 10 - 30%) and performance, while decreasing emissions. Installs in 5-10 minutes.
May 17, 2006
- Butanol - Butanol is compatible with gasoline. It uses the same air/fuel mixture and has the same energy content. It can be mixed with gasoline in any ratio in unmodified engines. Butanol can be produced at an estimated cost of 85 cents per gallon, and is a direct replacement for gasoline.
May 13, 2006
- Nelson Scientific's Electron Capture - Developing commercial method for capturing electrons for electricity. Device catches free electrons in a vacuum, where they are redirected to conductors, yielding electricity.
May 12, 2006
- Mini Cooper 2002 - Mr. Saffron reports 29 mpg before, 32 mpg after, using 2 oz per 10 gal acetone. Report is noteworthy inasmuch as it includes testing done to arrive at optimal ratio of 2 oz. per 10 gal fuel. Also includes recommendations about how to add acetone without jeopardizing paint job.
May 11, 2006
- Robert George Adams Obituary - Inventor of the Adams Motor, passed away on the night of May 10, 2006 in New Zealand. In his late 80's, he had a serious stroke recently which had paralyzed his left side. He will be missed.
May 7, 2006
- BioPerformance and Naphthalene (Mothballs) - Comparison of mothballs and the popular fuel pill. Chemical analysis by University of Central Florida points to BioPerformance as being nearly 100% naphthalene.
May 6, 2006
- Electric Race Car that could save the planet—fast - High performance X1 electric race car humiliates Ferrari and Porche both off the line and in a 1/4 mile. All with a 150 mile range, and recharge time of 4.5 hours.
May 5, 2006
- Kenarev's Electrolysis: A Joe Cell Variant with Patents - Introduction and index of works by Professor Kanarev, includes five patents, several books about how water can be the main power carrier of future power engineering. Some processes described resemble those being attributed to the Joe cell.
May 3, 2006
- Alternative Fuels - Butanol - Environmental Energy Inc has developed a process to produce butanol from corn for $1.20 per gallon or from biowaste for $0.85 per gallon. Butanol is more compatible with gasoline than ethanol, and can be used in diesel engines. When substituted for gasoline butanol gives better mileage and produces less pollution.
- Current "Latest" Index for PESWiki
- Recent changes - computer generated listing of all changes made to site.
- "Latest" Archive