PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and Facilitating the Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies
PESWiki News -- Nov. 2006 Archive
November 30, 2006
- Featured: Nikola Tesla > Movies > The Prestige >
Review: The Prestige features Nikola Tesla, played by David Bowie - A must-see, blockbuster film, paints Tesla in a brilliant light, while two rival magicians go at each other. At the end of the film, one is left to wonder if Tesla is still too far ahead of our time, one hundred years later. Rated PG-13. (PESWiki; November 30, 2006)
- Geothermal > Ground Source Heat Pump > GeoEnergy - GeoColumn Hybrid Ground Loop requires less land area and installation cost, while providing higher operating efficiencies for geothermal HVAC. It is installed within a self contained well about 2 feet in diameter and between 15 to 20 feet in depth that can be easily augured using utility pole equipment. This small footprint is ideal for limited ground areas, such as the suburbs.
- Electric Vehicles > ATT R&D - Parade is a highway legal Korean made MPV model electric vehicle with a top speed of 70 mph and up to 150 mile range for around $20,000. The drive motor is located between the rear wheels with the batteries underneath the passengers, enhancing safety and performance. It offers dual air bags, crash-worthy aluminum body with crumple zone, ABS and climate control system.
- Home Generation > PowerHouse Home - Uses a new building system from Zero Net that replaces conventional materials and techniques to cut energy costs up to 60%. It utilizes a composite core of expanded polystyrene which is treated with a special fiber reinforced concrete coating on the surfaces to reduce heat loss in winter and limit heat gain in summer.
- Ocean Wave > Seabased AB - The system is based on a three-phase, permanent magnet, linear generator in ocean bed arrays and directly driven by point absorbers (buoys) on the surface. Electricity can be generated at low wave amplitudes and relatively slow wave motion, allowing sheltered waters and calmer seas to be utilised. The simple mechanics enhance robustness and reduce maintenance.
November 29, 2006
- Inconvenient Truth > Science Teachers' Organization Rejects Gore Video - Due to being influenced by big oil funding, the National Science Teachers Association has spurned 50,000 free DVDs of Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth, squandering a golden opportunity to educate tens of millions of youth in the United States. (Washington Post; Nov. 26, 2006) (See Slashdot discussion)
- Geothermal > Ground Source Heat Pump > Water+ - Uses the city water supply to provide low-cost ground source heating and cooling with savings up to 70%. It transports the thermal energy stored in the earth to homes and buildings via a water utility main to provide benefits to the customers, utilities, developers and taxpayers.
- Space Heating > Nyle Special Products - Heat Pumps have long been an environmentally safe, energy-efficient alternative to fossil fuels for warmer climates. The Cold Climate Heat Pump (CCHP) is the first and only air source heat pump that maintains high efficiency down to 0°F and below, generating savings of 40% or more.
- Fuel Efficiency > Cavitation > DK Group - The Air Cavity System improves the fuel efficiency of ships up to 15% by reducing the frictional resistance of the hull surface. This is achieved by replacing the flat-bottom surface of the vessels hull with a specially designed Air Cavity System that minimizes the hull/water contact area.
- Air Conditioning > 3m Prestige Window Films - Spectrally - selective clear window films reject up to 97% of the sun's infrared light to help keep your home cool and lower your energy bills. Because they use no metals, they are not tinted or reflective, so your view is as clear as your original window. They will block up to 99.9% of the ultraviolet rays which cause fading of fabrics.
November 28, 2006
- Cavitation Heaters > Hydrosonic Pump Video Alleges Overunity - Rotation of rotor with holes creates hot water or steam nearly instantaneously, producing 70% more energy than was put into the system. (PESWiki / YouTube; Nov. 2)
- http://www.rexresearch.com/griggs/griggs.htm - Information about this unit.
- http://www.rexresearch.com/griggs/griggs.htm - Information about this unit.
- Ocean Wave > Offshore Wave Energy Ltd - OWEL floating offshore wave energy device traps and compresses the air in successive wave troughs for use in driving a turbine. The horizontal component of wave motion is used since wavelengths are many times greater than wave heights and horizontal motion is uni-directional. The design absorbs only a small proportion of the energy in storm waves.
- Fuel Efficiency > Hybrid Vehicles > Solar Sailor - Hybrid marine power combines conventional engines with Solar Wing technology utilising solar & wind energy. Depending on weather conditions, these two sources are used simultaneously or singularly. Fuel consumption and emissions are reduced by nearly 50%.
- Electromagnetic > InMotion Technologies - The IMT motor is a single sided axial flux permanent magnet (PM) brushless motor with a slotted iron stator. New power electronics and magnetically strong materials allow dramatic improvements in efficiency of small machines and variable speed drives. Suitable for electric bicycles, air conditioners, fans and electrical appliances.
- Geothermal > Power Tube - Argus is a clean energy, closed loop, geomagmatic, renewable power plant that can produce up to 10 megawatts of electricity. It differs from a standard geothermal system in that it does not need water or steam pressure to operate. It uses only low to medium temperature heat from the earth, 110-200 C, to heat an isopentane/isobutane working fluid mixture. Skeptic's comment
November 27, 2006
- Anti-Gravity > GM Flying Cars not just special effects? - Could GM's advertising of flying cars have more substance than just a good marketing gig? At least two amateur video shots appear to catch cars in flight.
- Electric Vehicles > OKA Auto - Mini-car neighborhood electric vehicle (NEV) available for sale in USA is safer than other low speed vehicles (LSV - 25 mph). It has been crash tested in Europe and meets EU regulations for a full speed vehicle. Fuel costs are estimated at $0.50 to $1 a day for a 15 to 30 mile commute.
- Biomass > Burning Shelled Corn As Fuel - can be a feasible way of dealing with the high prices of more conventional fuels such as fuel oil, propane, natural gas, coal, and firewood. Utilizing corn as a fuel does not compete with the food supply since agriculture can produce sufficient amounts for food, fuel, pharmaceuticals, and chemical feedstocks. (Penn State University)
- Electric Vehicles > Electric Q-Car from Takara Co. - Takara zooms from the world of toys to that of personal transport. With look-at-me styling, a range of 80km on fully charged batteries, and a turning radius of just 2.5m, the cars are tailored to the young city dweller on the move. Top speed is 50km/hr and the batteries can be charged in 8 hours using any 100V electric outlet. (metropolis.japantoday.com)
November 26, 2006
- Engines > Papp > Joseph Papp's Nobel Gas Engine - Ken Rauen interviewed regarding the inert, noble gas engine with sealed engine cylinders, may operate on some kind of nuclear principle. (PESN; Nov. 25, 2006)
- Water as Fuel > Water car technology from 1950 resurrected - One member of a WaterFuel1978 Yahoo! Group claims to have replicated the "S1r9a9m9" water car system. Electrohydraulic Metal Forming may provide a clue. (PESN; Nov. 26, 2006)
November 24, 2006
- Wind > High Efficiency > ENECO - WARP : Wind Amplified Rotor Platform speeds up the wind with a velocity amplification factor (VAF) in excess of 1.5 over free wind, resulting in a 450% increase in power. A WARP wind farm would need on average about 1/4 less land per kilowatt of energy generated. Projected cost $.02 to $.04/kWh or lower.
- Electric Vehicles > EcoV Electric - 25 mph street legal vehicle with automotive ride, comfort and durability for use on public roads 35 mph and slower. It recharges for 50 cents from a standard wall outlet to go 25 to 40 miles and is virtually maintenance free. 4 and 6 passenger models with flip down rear seat convert into a utility vehicle and a pick-up truck, for under $10,000.
- Ocean Wave > OWECO Ocean Wave Energy Company - OWEC Ocean Wave Energy Converter consists of floating buoys attached to a submerged buoy. Relative movement between the buoys from wave motion move linear electrical generators up and down within tubes. An array of modules can be interconnected to form an energy web.
- Batteries > Water Powered > Magnevolt - The water activated battery is popular in the oceanic field and military. It has a high energy density, long shelf life and good low temperature performance. They use Magnesium Silver Chloride and Cuprous Chloride Magnesium with no electrolyte until it is immersed in the salt water or fresh water.
- Lighting > CeeLite - Light Emitting Capacitor (LEC) technology turns any surface into an energy efficient light source. Ranging in size from cell phones to 3’ x 6’, CeeLite LEC technology replaces traditional lighting where flawless surface illumination is required; in floors, walls, ceilings.
November 23, 2006
- Thermal Electric > ENECO Chip Converts Heat to Electricity - Utah company claims to have invented and patented a "solid state energy conversion/generation chip" that will convert heat directly into electricity or alternatively refrigerate down to -200 degrees Celsius when electricity is applied.
- Biomass > Ensyn - Rapid Thermal Processing transforms wood and other biomass into a low sulfur liquid bio-fuel for industrial heating, or can be blended with diesel for transportation and power applications. The RTP™ process produces high yields, typically 75% by weight, in less than a few seconds with a simple, compact design and low capital cost.
- Ocean Wave > Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. - OPT's PowerBuoy™ system extracts the natural energy in ocean waves, and is based on the integration of patented technologies in hydrodynamics, electronics, conversion mechanics, and computer control systems.
- Lighting > LED > IntenCity Lighting - The IntenCity LED Streetlight replaces 100 watt High Pressure Sodium luminaires for half the energy. It is maintenance free, has a long life and reduces light trespass and glare.
- Clean Coal > CO2 Solution - A bioreactor with the help of an enzyme accelerates the transformation of CO2 into bicarbonate in an aqueous environment. This natural reaction is at the basis of the CO2 transportation and removal in the human body and also occurs in nature. It is totally safe and environmentally sound.
- Electric Vehicles > Electric Scooters and Bicycles > Sparta Ion - Electric bicycle has the battery hidden in the frame with the motor invisibly integrated into the rear wheel hub. Select the desired level of pedal assistance on the handlebar-mounted display. Maximum motor assistance speed is 25 kph and range is 25 to 55 kilometres.
November 22, 2006
- Geothermal > Thermal Electric > Ormat Technologies - The Ormat Energy Converter (OEC) is a power generation unit which converts low and medium temperature heat into electrical energy using the Organic Rankine Cycle. Ormat has manufactured more than 750 MW of geothermal power plants, and also uses the OEC to generate power from exhaust heat recovery in energy-intensive industrial processes.
- Waste to Energy > Ozmotech - ThermoFuel technology recovers synthetic diesel fuel from waste plastic for less than 30 cents per litre. Already in operation in Japan for power generators, the new process produces a superior quality road fuel suitable for all types of diesel engines. European contracts have been signed with Ozmo Energy, Cynar and EnvoSmart.
- Ocean Wave > Ocean Motion International - The OMI WavePump uses a buoyant vessel which rides on the wave surface. The bottom hull is flooded and descends to the ocean floor to become the footing. When a trough passes beneath the buoyant vessel, a heavy ballast mass descends and pressurizes the water in several sleeve type pumps.
November 21, 2006
- Magnet Motors > Steorn > Nominated Forum Member Visits Steorn CEO - Describes a viable company facility with lots of space and lots of money. Inspected two jury member files and later confirmed their existence and credentials. Saw info on manufacturer. (PESN; Nov. 20, 2006)
- Sea Solar Power - OTEC company seeks to harness the solar energy stored in the sea by tapping the thermal gradient that exists naturally between the surface and deep waters, using a reverse refrigeration cycle.
- Fuel Efficiency > Engines > Wilson TurboPower - Microturbine uses ceramic components and a three-stage turbine to achieve operating efficiency greater than 50% versus the standard 35%. The ceramic honeycomb disk heat exchanger recovers engine exhaust heat to preheat the engine’s inlet air for greater efficiency.
- Fuel Efficiency > Hydrogen Injection > H To Go - MAPSOE electrolysis units produce Hydrogen from water on board a vehicle, enhancing the fuel economy of gasoline, diesel or bio-diesel internal combustion engines and minimizing emission levels. Test data shows up to 73% more mpg with the hydrogen unit.
- Piezoelectric > Wind-Generated Electricity Using Flexible Piezoelectrics (pdf) - Flexible piezoelectric bimorph flaps in the wind like a flag. Bending stresses caused by flapping generate charges and hence voltages. Estimated efficiency 0.01 - 0.1%
November 20, 2006
- Piezoelectric > Piezoelectric Generator - Richard Dickson proposes using the piezoelectric effect for generating electricity, where pressure turns into electricity, from environments such as wave action or roadway impact. The question is one of cost and feasibility, not whether or not it would work.
- Ocean Current > New Technology Harnesses Ocean Energy from Florida's Gulf Stream - Cutting-edge technology will provide a clean, reliable, and renewable source of energy that can be used to generate electricity, unlimited hydrogen and potable water -- all cost-competitive with existing power technologies. (PhysOrg; Nov. 17, 2006)
- Ocean Current > The Gulf Stream Turbine - Generators and gearboxes are housed in watertight, rear-facing nacelles that serve as ballast to get the structure’s center of gravity far below its center of buoyancy. Carbon-fiber full-bladed rotors are suited to the nearly constant flow rate of the Gulf Stream off of South Florida.
- Electric Vehicles > transatlantic21 - "sun21" is a 14-meter-long electric catamaran powered exclusively by solar energy, that will undertake the first motorized crossing of the Atlantic without using a drop of gasoline. It will leave Spain the end of November 2006 and is due to arrive in New York in May 2007.
- Waste to Energy > Ze-gen - Developer of waste gasification technology which converts construction and demolition waste and municipal solid waste into near zero-emissions synthetic natural gas and electrical energy. Integrates commercially proven technology sub-systems into a modular design using molten bath gasification.
November 19, 2006
- Call for an Energy Solution to Change and Save Our World - Call for the plan of a device that can light a lamp for free, from ZPE, to manufacture it for the poor. (PESN; Nov. 19, 2006)
- Global Warming and New Energy Sources - On Saturday, Nov. 18, Sterling Allan interviewed James Dunn, who is a walking encyclopedia -- and animated at that -- both regarding the array of feasible energy technologies available, as well as regarding geopolitical and economical factors that must be taken into consideration. (PESN; Nov. 18, 2006)
- Batteries > Tel Aviv Nano Battery - Nano battery developed at the University of Tel Aviv in Israel, is as thick as a strand of hair and holds up under extreme heat.
- CERA Report Postpones Peak on "Peak Oil" - The Cambridge Energy Research Associates report released Tuesday says that world oil production will continue to increase for the next 24 years, and then level into an undulating plateau, followed by a gradual decline.
- Free Energy Generation - by Tom Bearden, with John Bedini, is said to be a must-have for researchers attempting to harness the Tesla type radiant energy forces of nature. Skeptics demur.
- Hydrogen > Genesis World Energy > Kelly Sentenced for Stealing Funds Invested in Bogus Fuel Technology Venture - Genesis World Energy founder lied about the technology and its alleged partners, defrauds investors, misallocates funds, including $2.5 million from around 500 New Jersey residents. (PESN; Nov. 15, 2006)
- Cold Fusion > Cold Fusion -- its history and spurning, and its reality and future - On Nov. 11, Princeton graduate, Scott Chubb, a cold fusion researcher, discussed (live) the 17-year history of cold fusion, where the field is at today, who the key players are, and what solutions it might offer in the future. (PESN; Nov. 11, 2006)
November 17, 2006
- Clean Coal > Ramgen Power Systems - The Ramgen CO2 compressor based on supersonic shock wave principles reduces the capital costs of CO2 compression by 65% and produce a minimum of 25% operating cost savings. This reduces the carbon capture and storage cost which can be 30-40% of the total for a clean coal plant.
- Vortex > Ramgen Power Systems - Advanced Vortex Combustion (AVC) technology promises improved efficiency, lower emissions, greater flame stability, fuel flexibility, and increased durability for gas turbine power generation and mechanical drive, manufacturing processing, chemical process heating, steam boiler systems, and incineration.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration > Smardt - like its sister company PowerPax, maximize the chiller operating efficiencies of the Turbocor oil-free centrifugal compressor technology. Magnetic bearings and variable-speed drive boosts energy efficiency and cuts operating costs, to deliver chiller energy savings of 35 percent.
- Fuel Efficiency > Skytrain - Overhead Supported Light Rail (OSLR) transit runs on steel wheels, which carry heavier loading , larger vehicles and consume less than a quarter of the energy of motion consumed by vehicles on rubber tires. Regenerative braking adds as much as 40% additional savings in energy. Propulsion can be electric or traditional diesel-electric.
- Skytrain Forerunners - This is the site of the French forerunner of Skytrain which is a carbon copy without any reference to it.
- Skytrain Forerunners - This is the site of the French forerunner of Skytrain which is a carbon copy without any reference to it.
- Lighting > ROMlight - High Intensity Discharge (HID) ballasts and fixtures provide electronically dimmable lighting with 50% savings in lighting energy costs, while maintaining or improving light levels. They are 80% lighter weight, quiet, cool running, and require 1/3 fewer fixtures.
November 16, 2006
- Batteries > Gaia Power Technologies - PowerTower is an advanced battery-based uninterruptible power supply system that is compact, always on, quiet, and reliable. It can provide backup power to a home or business for hours to days and storage for intermittent sources like solar and wind energy.
- Hydrogen > FST - Fuel Cassette hydrogen storage system uses a base material to absorb the hydrogen much like a sponge absorbs water, causing the hydrogen to become inert. It provides an efficient means to transport hydrogen, helping to accelerate the growth of the fuel cell industry.
- Biomass > Home Heating > Dell-Point Europa - Greenfire technology pellet stove is smoke free and reliable, saving up to 60% on home heating costs. It burns bioenergy materials like wood pellets, shelled corn and hulled wheat with 86% efficiency, and received the lowest emissions rating by the EPA.
- Wireless > Physics promises wireless power: scientists have put out the basic context of how a relatively simple system could deliver power to small devices.
November 15, 2006
- Waste to Energy > BRI Energy - Technology for co-production of ethanol and electricity from organic wastes converts any carbonaceous material into fuel and other by-products without combustion. Gasification thermally decomposes organic material followed by fermentation with anaerobic bacteria to convert more than 90% of the feedstock.
- Ocean Wave > ORECon - With no moving parts below the waterline, the MRC1000 multi-resonant converter incorporates proven technology from the offshore oil and gas sector to present a robust structure capable of surviving the marine environment while generating 1MW of electrical power over a wide range of sea conditions.
- Ocean Wave > Ocean Power Delivery - The Pelamis is an offshore semi-submerged, articulated structure composed of cylindrical sections linked by hinged joints. The wave-induced motion of these joints is resisted by hydraulic rams, which pump high-pressure oil through hydraulic motors via smoothing accumulators. See also Wave Hub Project
- Fuel Efficiency > Additives > American Clean Energy Systems - ACES fuel catalysts improve engine ignition, reducing fuel consumption up to 20% while emissions are dramatically reduced. They replace lost lubricity in ultra-low sulfur diesel and ethanol blended gasoline to extend engine life. ACES oil catalysts extend engine life by providing a "wet-start" that reduces engine wear.
November 14, 2006
- Batteries > Utility Scale > Plurion Systems - Zinc/Cerium Redox technology for renewable or grid electrical storage provides the highest power density of any battery on the market. The environmentally benign organic electrolyte is maintenance-free, making it possible to engineer sealed battery modules in the range of 250kW - 5MW, which can be connected to meet larger power requirements.
- Biodiesel from Algae Oil > Green Star Products to Build Algae Biodiesel Reactors - Green Star Products has signed an agreement with De Beers Fuel Limited of South Africa to build 90 biodiesel reactors that will use Greenfuel Technologies' algae bioreactor for feedstock. Each reactor will be capable of producing 10 million gallons of biodiesel each year for a total of 900,000,000 gallons per year. (Green Star Products; Nov. 13, 2006)
- Hydrogen > Hydrogen from Water > ITM Power - A range of polymer materials used in the production of electrolysers demonstrate higher electrical conductivity, replacing platinum at 1/3 the cost. ITM's approach could reduce the cost of power from a electrolyser stack to under $100 per output kW, which would make hydrogen fuel cost-competitive with conventional fossil fuels.
- Engines > The Ultra-Efficient, Two-Stroke Bonner Engine - The Army Research Laboratory’s Vehicle Technology Directorate is presenting (pdf) three unconventional engine concepts: a low-power, high energy-density Nutating engine; a turbine that uses a semi-closed engine cycle with vapor-absorption refrigeration; and the Bonner Engine, a two-stroke combustion engine in which two cylinders reciprocate in a 90° X-configuration. (Green Car Congress; November 13, 2006)
- Waste to Energy > BioEnergy Partners - Biomass will be efficiently converted into biofuel using pyrolysis technology, from paper, wood and Municipal wastes, sludge from water treatment plants, animal wastes and agricultural wastes remaining after harvests.
November 11, 2006
- Magnet Motors > Stoern > Steorn completes jury selection to test magnet motor - Steorn announces that they have selected twelve jury members composed of scientists and academics to test its free energy technology. More than 5000 people applied, and 492 were determined to be "qualified scientists/engineers." (PESN; Nov. 11, 2006)
November 10, 2006
- Batteries > H2O Batteries and Products - e.g. Tango Group product line utilizes a water-powered battery that consists of two electrodes made of special alloys, which, when immersed in water, the resulting chemical reaction produces electricity. Simply refill the battery as the water evaporates - typically every 2 to 3 months. The battery has a minimum continuous life of 2 years.
- Geothermal > US Geothermal Power Expanding Dramatically - Some 58 new geothermal energy projects are now under development in the US, the most since the 1980s. They would almost double US geothermal capacity, adding 2,250 megawatts of electricity which would serve the needs of 1.8 million households. (Geothermal Energy Association; November 9, 2006)
- Alternative Fuels > Silverado Green Fuel - Development of an environmentally friendly low cost oil substitute produced from Low Rank Coal, that can be used in oil-fired boilers and integrated gasification combined cycle power plants. Following hydrothermal treatment, the upgraded Low Rank Coal is mixed with water to make Low-Rank Coal-Water Fuel (Green Fuel). This stable liquid fuel is non-hazardous and can use existing oil infrastructure for handling, storage and transportation.
- Efficient Vehicles > PAL-V - Personal Air and Land Vehicle combines the recent “tilting car" technology of the Carver with the safest and easiest principle of flying, the gyrocopter. While on land the rotor and propeller fold away, allowing a top speed of 125 mph and fuel economy of 30 km/liter (70 US mpg) at 100 km/hr (63 mph).
November 09, 2006
- Sea Sponge Technology for Silicon - In his lab facing the Pacific Ocean, Daniel Morse is learning new ways to build complex semiconductor devices for cheaper, more efficient solar cells. He has an unlikely teacher: sea sponges. (MIT Technology Review; Nov. 7, 2006)
- Waste to Energy > Clean Coal > ThermoEnergy - Converting sewage sludge to a renewable high-energy fuel, and enabling the conversion of coal into energy with zero air emissions. The ThermoEnergy Integrated Power System combines the combustion of carbonaceous fuels with recovery of by-products using pressurized combustion and steam-hydroscrubbing.
- Electric Vehicles > eBox - Electric car from AC Propulsion has a top speed of 95 mph, a range up to 180 miles and a 2 hour fast charge. eBox is made by converting a Toyota Scion xB to electric power that is stored in a lithium ion battery made from 5,088 small cells.
- Batteries > Lithium Ion > EnerDel - Developing a Lithium-ion battery that will improve the performance, fuel efficiency and cost of Hybrid Electric Vehicles. EnerDel will use a highly automated manufacturing process to cost-competitively mass-produce its flat-stackable battery cell design that is more efficient than cylindrical designs currently is use.
- Ocean Wave > Able Technologies - Electric Generating Wave Pipe (EGWaP) rises from the ocean floor to above the highest wave peak and is anchored to the ocean floor. When the water level in the pipe rises due to wave action, a float rises and a counterweight descends. This action will drive gears to turn a generator to produce electricity.
November 08, 2006
- Clean Coal > Clean Energy Systems - Steam generator built on rocket principles economically eliminates pollutants via the use of clean fuels from natural gas, petroleum, coal, or biomass and a pure oxygen oxidizer. It offers on-demand, zero-pollution, low cost electricity.
- Ocean Wave > C-Wave Power - Plans to build floating wave farms in deepwater 5-20km offshore that extract energy from normal waves and dissipate the forces of storm waves. It will use neutrally buoyant walls half a wave length apart, so that while one is moving forward the other is moving back.
- Alternative Fuels > Biodiesel from Algae Oil > Alliance To Make Algae-To-Biocrude by 2010 - Funded by LiveFuels, the scientific alliance will be led by Sandia National Laboratories, a DOE laboratory, focused on producing biocrude oil by the year 2010. Thriving on sunlight and CO2, algae can be grown in fresh or brackish water on marginal lands unsuitable for food crops. (LiveFuels; October 12, 2006)
- Geothermal > U.S. Geothermal - Renewable energy development company that currently owns and leases approximately 8.2 square miles of land located at Raft River, Idaho. This property contains a proven geothermal reservoir that is verified by GeothermEx to be capable of up to 110 MW.
- Batteries > Technology Research Laboratories - Has developed an inexpensive TRL-CIR (Common Ion Redox) Battery that will operate unattended for an indefinite numbers of cycles. Electrolytes and reagents are simple compounds and complexes of inorganic salts. Suitable for solar and wind energy storage, emergency power, load leveling.
November 07, 2006
- Dickson 'Hydrosphere' for harnessing deep water pressure - Invention by Richard Dickson is a new type of enclosed hydroelectric dam that works off pressure differentials in sea or deep lake water at great depths. Dickson claims it can generate up to 500 Megawatts of continuous, non-polluting, renewable energy out of sight in oceans or deep lakes.
- Wind > VAWT > Raymond Cross-Flow-Blower Vertical Axis Wind Turbine - Frank Raymond wishes to pass the baton on his studies to someone else. Tested prototype.
- Ocean Wave > WaveBlanket - Uses thin polymer film filled with compressed air as both its dynamic and structural components. Pneumatic chambers are compressed and relaxed as the plane is bent by the movement of the ocean surface. All moving parts are sealed from the elements in a closed system that mimics the human heart and uses flexibility as a survival strategy.
- Space Heating > Aeroseal - Seals air duct leaks from the inside, using small sealant particles that deposit at the leaks without coating the interior of the duct system, providing energy savings up to 40%.
- Batteries > USBCELL - This NiMH AA cell can be used in normal battery applications and can be recharged simply by plugging into a USB port. No need for a separate charger or cables when travelling. Will be available in other cell formats.
- Lighting > SolLight - Solar powered LED lights for home, camping, boats, travel, emergencies and power outages.
November 06, 2006
- Batteries > Altair Nanotechnologies - The NanoSafe battery with a nano-titanate negative electrode is high powered yet safe from fire or explosion hazards seen in lithium-ion batteries. Tests confirm that after 15,000 deep charge/discharge cycles the cells still retained over 85% of their original capacity, allowing 40 years of daily charging for electric vehicles.
- Wind > Vertical Axis > Mass Megawatts Wind Power - The Multi-Axis Turbosystem (MAT) is capable of generating electricity at 2.5 cents per kilowatt-hour at an average wind speed of 15.5 miles per hour. It can withstand 120 mile per hour winds, and level four earthquakes.
- Fuel Efficiency > Vehicles / Flight > Silent aircraft creeps closer to reality - Researchers from Cambridge University and MIT unveiled their concept for a flying wing aircraft that makes a huge reduction in noise. This highly-efficient design offers improvements of around 25% in fuel consumption and is intended for entry into service in 2030. (The Cambridge-MIT Institute; November 06, 2006)
- Fuel Efficiency > Electric Vehicles > Why We Need Electric Cars - Electric Vehicles have overwhelming advantages over gasoline vehicles in fuel cost, emissions and energy independence. Solar recharged electric vehicles are 50 to 3,000 times more efficient than burning biofuels, based on sun to wheel energy conversion rates. (Mother Earth News; October/November 2006)
- Batteries > Sanyo eneloop rechargeable battery - Ready to use when purchased, has a long shelf life with no loss of energy and is environmentally friendly. The “eneloop solar charger��? can charge eneloop batteries with power generated from the sun.
November 04, 2006
- Ocean Wave > S.D.E. Wave Power for $0.02 per kWh - S.D.E. Energy Ltd. in Tel Aviv, Israel uses shoreline wave action combined with cantilever connected to hydraulics to run a generator. Commercially ready; in process of implementing. (PESWiki; Nov. 4, 2006)
November 03, 2006
- Fuel Efficiency > Engines > Camcon - Binary Actuator valve design recycles energy using a combination of magnets and springs and will work for years off a small power source. It replaces the camshaft in petrol and diesel engines to reduce fuel consumption by up to 20%, whilst increasing power output by 25%.
- Fuel Efficiency > Vehicles > Carver One - Steers like a car and banks like a motorcycle, reaching a top speed of 185 km/h (115 mph) while its average fuel consumption remains at a very modest 6 L/100 km (40 US mpg).
November 02, 2006
- Ocean Wave > WaveEnergy - The Seawave Slot-Cone Generator (SSG) is based on the wave overtopping principle, utilizing three concrete reservoirs placed on top of each other which capture water that will then run through the turbine for electricity production.
- Fuel Efficiency > Engines > Aprilia DiTech - Direct Injection Technology engine is able to reduce fuel consumption by up to 50% for two-cycle 50cc scooters and reduces pollutant emissions by 80% without a catalytic converter, without compromising simplicity, reliability and power. Technology developed by Orbital
- Fuel Efficiency > Engines > ALM Turbine - Developed an advanced trapped vortex combustor ("TVC"), with which most installed gas turbines can achieve ultra low emission levels with both natural gas and liquid fuel. By permitting ultra lean fuel mixtures, it improves overall turbine efficiency and reduces fuel consumption by a minimum of 2%.
November 01, 2006
- Joe Cell > Inventor runs engines on 'Proton Cell' - "BJ" explains how his version of the Joe Cell works, and why it works, giving specific instructions about how he has been able to achieve repeated success. (PESN; Nov. 1, 2006)
- Lighting > Nature's Lighting - The SunTracker produces up to nine times more light than a passive skylight and distributes light more evenly over a wider area, without worrying about heat gain. It delivers light early in the morning, late in the afternoon and all winter. Electricity costs for lighting can drop to zero during the 12 hours a day it reflects light indoors.
- Fuel Efficiency > Engines > Komatsu Zenoah - The strato-charged™ engine for outdoor power equipment attains levels of total hydrocarbon (THC) and nitrogen oxide (NOx) that are under one-third those of conventional 2-cycle engines, and it also reduces fuel consumption by 30%.
- Fuel Efficiency > Retrofits > Fuel FX - The Fuel FX Reactor provides on-board refinement to improve the combustion quality of diesel fuel, to reduce fuel consumption by 5 - 15%, increase horsepower and reduce emissions. It is a maintenance free device that is installed on the fuel supply line between the fuel tank and the engine.
- Fuel Efficiency > Engines > MIT's pint-sized car engine promises high efficiency, low cost - MIT researchers are developing a half-sized gasoline engine that performs like its full-sized cousin, with hybrid-like fuel efficiency at a far lower cost. Injection of ethanol directly into the engine's cylinders when under heavy load prevents engine knock, allowing efficiencies from higher turbocharging and compression ratios. (MIT news office; October 25, 2006)
- Free Energy News (PESWiki) - daily, from around the world
- http://PESN.com - Feature stories by PES Network, Inc.
- Latest - Leaves some of the lesser stories out
- This Week in Free Energy™ - digests
NEWS BY TOPIC -->
Active: Best Exotic FE | Cold Fusion | Conspiracy | Earth's Magnetic Field (Energy) | Electromagnetic OU | Fuel Efficiency | Hydroxy / HHO | Keshe | Plasma | E-Cat | Spirituality | Water | Water as Fuel
Trickle: Alchemy | Alternative Fuels | Batteries | Electric Vehicles | Emergency Preparedness | Engines | Events | Fundraisers | Geothermal | Gravity Motors | Grid | Humor | Hydro | Hydrogen | Magnet Motors | Nanotech | Open Source | QMoGen | Quantum | Solar | Storage | Tesla | Thermal Electric | Top 100 | Waste to Energy | Wind | Zero Point Energy